We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Discretionary Commission Arrangement

Options

Comments

• HannahEast1234
    Options
    Barclays Parnter Finance emailed me advising that they did not pay DCP and that my complaint will no longer be investigated! However, i asked for a copy of my original finance agreement whoch states a Commission amount on my summary!! What do i do??

How can they be allowed to get away with this?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Eh, because it wasn't discretionary?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Barclays Parnter Finance emailed me advising that they did not pay DCP and that my complaint will no longer be investigated! However, i asked for a copy of my original finance agreement whoch states a Commission amount on my summary!! What do i do??
    You do nothing.
    How can they be allowed to get away with this?
    Because they have done nothing wrong.  You appear to have misunderstood the issue.    Commission is allowed.  Discretionary commission "may not" be allowed (FCA haven't decided yet).

In your case DCA didn't apply.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Pros10
    Pros10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am i also able to raise a complaint of Discretionary Commission Arrangement for Touring Caravan finance through Blackhorse part of the Lloyds Bank Group.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Pros10 said:
    Am i also able to raise a complaint of Discretionary Commission Arrangement for Touring Caravan finance through Blackhorse part of the Lloyds Bank Group.
    If you went straight to Black Horse then DCA wont apply.   

At this moment in time, the FCA is focusing on motor finance (and rumour has it that they are focusing on used vehicles).   We need to wait until the FCA report is published to see what they say and if they are going to extend it to other areas. 
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Betters
    Betters Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I used the MSE template to create my email to BMW Finance and as yet have not received a response, automated or otherwise. My son also used the template a few days later and he has already received a response.

Upon checking the MSE template today I saw that the email address for BMW Finance has been changed. upon using the new email address I got an automated response immediately.

There is every possibility that emails sent in the first few hours / days have disappeared into a black hole or have been deleted.

Out of interest I sent an email to the first address again and received an automated reply saying that the email has been forwarded to the new email address.

So basically if you sent an email to csescalations@bmwfin.com and have not yet had an automated reply forward the  email to  commissiondisclosureenquiries@bmwfin.com

Paul
  • DaveL_1975
    DaveL_1975 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 2 May at 10:04AM
    Options
    My agreement was with Alphera (part of BMW financial services I believe) and I have sent my complaint using the template. They have replied acknowledging but that they don't accept the data subject access request part of it, as per below. Can anyone from Martin Lewis' team comment?

I have done one for my Dad too and had no such problem.

(Removed by Forum Team)

(Image removed by Forum Team)
  • dunstonh
    edited 2 May at 10:05AM
    Options
    My agreement was with Alphera (part of BMW financial services I believe) and I have sent my complaint using the template. They have replied acknowledging but that they don't accept the data subject access request part of it, as per below. Can anyone from Martin Lewis' team comment?

I have done one for my Dad too and had no such problem.

(Removed by Forum Team)

(Image removed by Forum Team)
    As par others that have asked the same question....

Forget about the data access request.   It won't tell you what you need to know.   Its a complete and utter waste of time and money and Martin has been criticised frequently for using it in his template letter.   Martin sold this site a long time ago and him or his team no longer post.   

You just wait until after the FCA have published their report.   That is timetable for September but could be delayed into next year.   Until then, all DCA complaints have been suspended and the FOS will not take on a complaint in this area.

• MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,240 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    edited 2 May at 10:12AM
    Options
    dunstonh said:

Forget about the data access request.   It won't tell you what you need to know.   Its a complete and utter waste of time and money and Martin has been criticised frequently for using it in his template letter. 
    As @MSE_JC explained a few weeks back in another thread, "The DSAR portion of the car finance reclaim email template was included following legal advice provided to MSE. However, we are continuing to pass on all feedback about the tool to the relevant team. You can also provide feedback directly via carfinance-feedback@moneysavingexpert.com ." 
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSE_James said:
    dunstonh said:

Forget about the data access request.   It won't tell you what you need to know.   Its a complete and utter waste of time and money and Martin has been criticised frequently for using it in his template letter. 
    As @MSE_JC explained a few weeks back in another thread, "The DSAR portion of the car finance reclaim email template was included following legal advice provided to MSE. However, we are continuing to pass on all feedback about the tool to the relevant team. You can also provide feedback directly via carfinance-feedback@moneysavingexpert.com ." 
    Did the legal advice also point out that by the time the template was launched, the FCA had already put everything on hold and made clear firms could not start time barring complaints? Thus meaning it wasn't necessary for anyone to do anything until the review finished especially given one possible outcome would be the FCA ruling there was no miss-selling thus making this a damp squib?

Did it also make clear there was no reason at all for millions of people to start flooding car firms with these forms and DSAR, creating extra, unnecessary, costs for all the sellers which they will pass onto future customers in higher fees?

I appreciate MSE wants to help people but like with the overdraft fees campaign, it's costing customers money in the long run.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure