Easyjet extra seat

Options
Anyone know how easy it is to book 2 seats for myself. Traveling with EasyJet.

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wouldnt you have to book two tickets in your own name? Not sure if that is even possible using the online form, it may spot both passengers have the same name and reject it.
  • la531983
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 March at 11:01AM
    Options
    Just tried it, yes it lets you get all the way to the payment screen with two passengers with the same name. 

They arent going to let you pay for one ticket and then buy two seats, Im afraid.  I wouldnt risk leaving the seat allocation to Easyjet at the point of check in as they may assign both seats in separate rows.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think for something like this you are better to call the airline.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    la531983 said:
    Just tried it, yes it lets you get all the way to the payment screen with two passengers with the same name. 

They arent going to let you pay for one ticket and then buy two seats, Im afraid.  I wouldnt risk leaving the seat allocation to Easyjet at the point of check in as they may assign both seats in separate rows.
    This wouldn't necessarily work.  If you buy two seats as "John Smith" and only one "John Smith" turns up and boards then they could allocate that seat to someone else.  Even if the chances are very small you never know if there's disruption on the day, or they need to position crew etc.

As @Westin says you need to contact easyJet customer service, as advised on their website Choosing a seat | easyJet

Seat Sizes

Minimum pitch: 28 inches / 71cm

Minimum width: 16 inches / 40.5 cm

If you think this size might be difficult for you (such as special medical requirements, a broken leg, or if you are of a large build), then you may need to buy an additional seat. This can be done by contacting our Customer Service team.

• Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Assuming that the route is covered, how does the cost of two economy class seats with a budget airline compare with the cost of one business class seat on a full-service airline?
  • la531983
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Assuming that the route is covered, how does the cost of two economy class seats with a budget airline compare with the cost of one business class seat on a full-service airline?
    You arent going to get many business class seats for the...how can I put this politely.....larger gentleman or lady (assuming thats the reason for this request), on the routes that Easyjet cover.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not direct from the horse's mouth, but this outlines the booking procedure:

On the easyJet site it describes booking an extra seat for when you are in plaster so the same rules should apply.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback