NatWest are stopping their Buy Now Pay Later card , any alternatives?

Options
Risco
Risco Posts: 50 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I was invited by NatWest to take this out last year. Nice small limit of £750, great for smaller purchases that I could spread interest free over 4 months.

Last week I got a letter saying they are closing BNPL for everyone. Do other banks offer something similar?

It was great for me as I only needed one app for all my banking. I also do have a credit card with a decent limit and only 10.2% APR.

However the BNPL card was great in that I was able to purchase an Apple Watch and Tumble dryer over 8 months with no interest.

What does everyone suggest?

Comments

• TwiceNightly
    TwiceNightly Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin Slyce seems to be what you're after, you can pay in 3 or 6 months with no interest.

Other than that there is Monzo Flex where you pay no interest if you pay in 3 months.

Amex also do 'Plan It" where you choose a plan and pay a fixed fee instead of interest.
  • Risco
    Risco Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Virgin Slyce seems to be what you're after, you can pay in 3 or 6 months with no interest.

Other than that there is Monzo Flex where you pay no interest if you pay in 3 months.

Amex also do 'Plan It" where you choose a plan and pay a fixed fee instead of interest.
    Virgin Slyce does indeed look to fit the bill, thanks!. When is best time to apply, before or after they close the account?

I do have a 5 figure limit on my normal CC but with a zero balance as I previously  mentioned it’s always paid in full. 

Will this affect my ability to get this one? Don’t want to apply at wrong time, leaving a hard search that gained me nothing?
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,053 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have anything else other than these 2 credit amounts available?  Phone on contract, car on hire purchase, overdraft?

Any lender will look at all the available credit you have whether you are using it or not plus anything that you have on credit and check that against your income available to pay for these things.  It doesn't matter that you're not using up all that 5 figure limit on your CC as there's no guarantee you won't go out and spend it all tomorrow.

You might be a better bet if you asked that your CC limit be reduced a bit.  And then wait a month or two before applying.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback