🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DCA

Options
daviedevs
daviedevs Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 22 March at 10:33AM in Reclaim car finance
Just had a response from Santander stating there was no DCA on the PCP contract I had on my motorcycle.  Do I take this as gospel or is there a way to find out for sure?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     Do I take this as gospel or is there a way to find out for sure?

Seeing as most didn't have DCA, this is the most statistically likely outcome.

They are not going to lie about it.  The fines they would suffer would be significant and the FCA haven't even decided if there is anything wrong with historic DCAs yet.  

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Camcam68
    Camcam68 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I had a response from Santander relating to two separate agreements. One confirmed with DCA and one without. 

So if it does apply they will let you know.

They won't lie about it, if they were to and FCA found out there would larger penalties applied to them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure