Onestream fibre bb

Options
Anyone got any experience of them? i live in Devon and have had terrible bb for several years (breathing a sigh of relief that shell bb is coming to an end it's been diabolical service and provision). Just signed up to Onestream by phone, and am calling them as their email confirmation has a different monthly price to the one agreed on the phone. Does anyone have any experience of them? I'm waiting in the familiar 'all our operators are busy right now' queue.. and feeling like all the signs are to sack it off and start again. Although i know my only options really will be much pricier and likely not better. I'd agreed £20 for 24 months. Any advice would be great. 

Comments

• mikrt
    mikrt Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm guessing your price includes £5 McAfee & £5 service fees. You can cancel these once your account is up and running.
  • joolsbfd
    joolsbfd Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you know what their servie is like? i ended up cancelling during the cooling off period - might regret it as we live in an area tht doesnt' have a lot of choice of providers.. but i couldn't hack the 'we offer you £20 on phone' followed by a £25pcm in writing' followed by a 'the best we can do is to take 2.50 off that' by chat box, followed by a 'we'll listen to the original telephone contract and get back to you' followed by .. silence. I now am left a bit longer with rubbish Shell,and a choice of Virgin (bad reviews) or virigin it seems.. maybe vodafone but no offer. virgin is, apparnetly, £18.50
  • Djangaz
    Djangaz Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I signed up for Onestream 55 today for their £22-50 a month package. I also paid £4-95 for set up. I received the confirmation email which added another £4-95 a month! I queried it &, apparently, the extra is for the router! I told them that was not what I expected so I wanted to cancel. They accepted but said I was not eligible for the £4-95 'p&p' to be refunded. After much debate, they finally conceded to refunding that in approx 12 working days!...
  • timboid
    timboid Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I imagine the extra per monthly charge is for the router 'rental'. I signed up online and ticked the 'supply own router' box. Hoping I can just use the one I got with Plusnet. Slightly quaking in my boots from some of the older horror stories .. go live is apparently in 2 days' time!
    If you just don't cut the mustard, try a spoon.

And if you don't want spam in your Inbox, I believe tuna is more palatable :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback