Curry’s delivery charge

Options
2»

Comments

• bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Let's wait and see how you're large electrical item from Ebay goes first. A far higher risk that it won't end well. Good luck returning that SNAD item. £20 Currys delivery may well turn out to be a bargain
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    To make a fair comparison we would need to know the model numbers. It is possible the eBay seller was clearing out some old stock, or maybe they just offer good value.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    I wish this  website would strip words like 'scam' out of all thread titles. It demeans those that really are scams. Maybe if the MSE Team decide that it is a genuine scam then they can add it into the title. Too much 'crying wolf'.
    Someone posted this ^^^ on another thread the other day.

Totally agree.
    A very wise poster :)
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    I wish this  website would strip words like 'scam' out of all thread titles. It demeans those that really are scams. Maybe if the MSE Team decide that it is a genuine scam then they can add it into the title. Too much 'crying wolf'.
    Someone posted this ^^^ on another thread the other day.

Totally agree.
    A very wise poster :)
    Yes, you are... :p
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So I went to buy a condensing tumble dryer from Curry’s today on line, no option for free delivery, ranged for  £35 down to £20 I kept scrolling and no free delivery, the tumble dryer was a 9kg Beko for £299, plus £20 delivery was the cheapest, so I went on EBay and saw a Hoover 9kg for £289 with Free delivery, guess what? I bought that one instead, won’t be buying form Scamming Curry’s again! Do your research lets hurt these companies so they comply with the public wants and needs, shameful of you curry’s! Others can do it why can’t you? 
    So if Curry's had had it for sale at £319 with free delivery, which you say was still the cheapest you could find then you would have bought it and it would have been a bargain. Because it was split into appliance and delivery it is a scam. Really, that is not the definition of a scam, it lowers the impact of when it should be used to get people who have really been scammed the attention they need.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback