IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A parking invoice I do like

Options
2»

Comments

• Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As well as understanding the potential impact on their congregation if they were to consider employing a PPC I would hope that the good people of St Mary’s church had a Christian attitude and understood the immorality of the current private parking industry.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,490 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It could have been worse, I thought it was going to say you had to attend a couple of services.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It could have been worse, I thought it was going to say you had to attend a couple of services.
    Good point, well made.   :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,142 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Highlights how not to manage your parking as the driver clearly has no respect for other peoples property.

You can see the frustration in the letter and it seems that the driver ignored all previous requests not to park there.

It is unacceptable for the landowner to have to firstly suffer the inconvenience of someone parking without their permission (potentially causing legitimate users to park elsewhere) and secondly have the hassle of issuing multiple written requests for the driver to park elsewhere; giving just £25 for all that hassle is an insult.

Had the motorist been issued with a Parking Charge on the first visit, they would have got the message immediately and the landowner would have suffered minimal inconvenience.

No the private parking industry is the prime example of how not to manage parking with greedy companies having no respect for their own ATA's rules, the rights or any respect for the public, and rogue operators (which you never even acknowledge exist) that make up fake evidence, and rules to extract money, never accept that ANPR is flawed and unfit for purpose, use an appeals process that favours only their coffers etc etc. And that my friend is why your industry has no respect from the general public who along with parliament have shown you their frustration and you wonder why there is a fight back! Get your head out of the sand.
  • DjangoUnchained
    DjangoUnchained Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think even jesus got plagued by tickets. "For I did not speak of my own "accord"(honda), but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Forgive us our trespasses
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure