Where to go from here, my rights

Options

Please advice. 

From start to finish it was chaos and incompetence. I chose this company based on the review, I paid for a premium package because I am suffering from breast cancer and a month out of major surgery and about to start chemotherapy. I needed the packing service as I medically can not do the heavy lifting. I needed the take down and reassemble service as again I cannot do the heavy lifting. As I am about to start chemotherapy I need the beds up straight away in order for us to all sleep separately. I relied on this service at a very difficult time and they let me down badly. They didn’t provide the services paid for, the customer services have been difficult and one incident was unprofessional and totally immoral to put a cancer patient through. 

On the day of the move the drivers arrived over 3 hours late, saying there was a major crash on the motorway but this didn’t seem to be recorded on the travel news. They then started the move late into the afternoon. They refused to pack giving me the tape and boxes to pack boxes myself. I moved them to the door to be loaded into the van. They proceeded to take down the beds in a rush, damaging the bed. I pointed out that the screw he was trying to dig out wasn’t a screw and that he need to remove the bed slats the get to the screw he needed, again just rushing. It took them 9 hours to move the stuff to my new house. They did not go into the garden to attempt to take down the trampoline and left that at my rented house as well as other item. This was then collected but not reassembled on a different day after I was supposed to be out of my rented house, removal took 3 days and no reassemble. I clarified with anyvan times in advance of the move that they would take down and reassemble the trampoline, staring it was a condition of sale and if they could not do it I would cancel and use another company. On the day of the original removal the guy suddenly became ill during the delivery was going to stop, then not going to stop as he felt better. He asked for a lemon and proceeded to bite into it, which made him suddenly better but still to ill to take down the trampoline. He said he would come the next day if he was better. He rang at 11am to say he would be coming in the afternoon. He then rang back at 4pm to say it was getting dark and now not coming. I did point out in the earlier conversation that if he left it to late he wouldn’t be able to put down and reassemble the trampoline. My son has adhd and using the trampoline all the time.

On the original removal day, we got to my new house 9 hours later, items were missing, damaged and they caused damage to my window and porch light. The customer service were awful, it was constantly repeating information and minimal resolution and unprofessional at times. One awful call the guy decided to not deal with issue in hand as is his job but to patch me through to the driver who then screamed at me for 15 min while the customer service guy sat back and listen. I ask the customer service adviser to stop this, and he refused. In the end I asked if the call was being recorded to be reviewed at a later date. I explained that experience was awful, I was physically shaking and that he neglected to do his job and has listen to a guy scream and  harass me. The customer service are fully aware of my cancer diagnosis. I rang back to speak to someone else and I could hear him still laughing and making derogatory comments about me in the background. Which I hope has been recorded as well. This was on a day that Anyvan had sent another team out to finish the job. This team could not finish the job as parts were missing and said they hadn’t been given enough time to do the job and wanted to leave but wanted me to sign to say it’s complete. This lead to the need to call customer service, these guys were telling the customer service that they could not complete the job because the parts are missing and they don’t get paid unless I signed. They also kindly stepped in to help when the other driver was allowed to scream at me for over 15 min. 

I complained and stated I wanted a full refund.

They explained it had been passed on and someone would be in touch to discuss with in 5 days. I then noticed a refund of £50 in my account made without any discussion. They said that this was a compensatory payment for the lack of packing. I said this was not discussed as promised that I didn’t consent to this as a resolution and to stop the payment as it was insufficient.  then later refused a refund saying this concludes the matter. I had asked for my complaint to be escalated but this appears to have been ignored. This was after numerous email exchanges and their incorrect info.    

I emailed as many people as I could in the company to get a response. I was contacted by a customer service representative who apologised for the awful experience but after many conversations said that they were only prepared to offer a refund for the service not rendered. They were not willing to address the damage items or distress caused, stating that they would encourage me to make a claim with the their insurance cover where I will have to pay the excess, this would come off the total settlement, so I basically I am out of pocket. They have washed their hands of any responsibility for the damage and distress as if they are not fully responsible. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback