Sky vulnerable and price increase?

Options
I have poa for my mother who is registered vulnerable with Sky, I've read several articles stating there would be no price increase for vulnerable customers yet I've just received a letter from Sky informing her of the price increases in April.  Anyone else?  Also does anyone have a clue how much early termination fee is for stream (paying £15 currently) as she rarely puts stream on but is watching terrestrial freeview instead.

Comments

• Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I am pretty sure the no increase for vulnerable customers only applies to broadband and not TV services.

There is, unlike broadband, no early termination clause for TV service contracts and you would need to negotiate with Sky, however they are entitled to the full price so keeping it to the end means you can use it until you are able to give notice.

If you got Stream after mid February 2023 then Sky only loan you the puck so that needs to be returned.

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    November2 said:
    I have poa for my mother who is registered vulnerable with Sky, I've read several articles stating there would be no price increase for vulnerable customers yet I've just received a letter from Sky informing her of the price increases in April.  Anyone else?  Also does anyone have a clue how much early termination fee is for stream (paying £15 currently) as she rarely puts stream on but is watching terrestrial freeview instead.

Doesn't apply to TV.

T&Cs here re: Stream - https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv "To cancel your [Stream] TV subscription, you’ll need to give us at least 31 days’ notice (which, for an 18-month contract can’t end before your minimum term finishes)"

And on a linked page - " The early termination charges are only payable if we end the relevant TV contract within your minimum term because you’ve breached your terms and conditions."

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does she need Sky for TV?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ayr_Rage said:
    I am pretty sure the no increase for vulnerable customers only applies to broadband and not TV services.

There is, unlike broadband, no early termination clause for TV service contracts and you would need to negotiate with Sky, however they are entitled to the full price so keeping it to the end means you can use it until you are able to give notice.

If you got Stream after mid February 2023 then Sky only loan you the puck so that needs to be returned.

Letter states broadband increasing by £3.50 and TV by £2.  They know she's registered as vulnerable as letter has accessbility/vulnerablesupport contact details on it.
    I looked up how to cancel TV and couldn't make head or tails of it, can it not be cancelled early?  Does the termination fee work out same as monthly payments?   

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback