1pMobile - data only 'boosts' no longer available?

Options
alanwsg
alanwsg Posts: 765 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I just noticed that data only 'boosts' are no longer available on 1pMobile

I've always used a 1Gb boost that lasts a month and costs £3.
Luckily, I've got it set to recurring, so that seems to be carrying on.

But if you want to take out a new one, all that I can see available is 1Gb + unlimited sms+calls for £5.

Comments

• Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, there's another thread on here nearby on the same kind of subject. It seems 1p are altering things in a few respects and it's a bit confusing, but I get the impression they want to make a bit more out of those customers who hardly make any use of the service. Those who buy boosts are OK but as you have discovered some options have been removed, perhaps if you have it set to recur it'll be allowed to continue, although not be be allowed for new users. 
  • ivinsp
    ivinsp Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 GB is now showing as £5

Screenshots added for options showing for me
  • Mellick
    Mellick Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The data only boosts now seem to be back
  • goodValue
    goodValue Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mellick said:
    The data only boosts now seem to be back
    When I logged on to my account, data-only boosts were not available.
    On the website without logging in, you can get a data-only boost when ordering a new SIM.

So, are data-only boosts only available for new customers, or are they available to a particular group of current customers?

• Murmansk
    edited 2 March at 5:03PM
    Options
    This is what's available in my account now - I seem to remember that previously the only boost that didn't include calls and texts was 1gb but now there are a few. So I might consider now having a repeating 4gb boost and letting my very few calls come out of my balance at 1p each. 
  • goodValue
    goodValue Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just logged on, and can now see data-only boosts.
    But with all these changes, will they be there tomorrow?

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    The wording's a bit odd - it implies the data-only boosts can only be added on a "one off " basis, and they're separately listed as "add-on data only boosts". So can you actually get one without already having a previous boost, eg a calls/text or a "normal" boost where you've used all the data? And can you make it recurring? 

• Murmansk
    edited 2 March at 6:29PM
    Options
    I'd imagine the new boosts will be able to made recurring just like the others but you can buy a one-off if you run out. I've more or less decided to get the £48 for the year plan that includes all calls and texts and 500mb of data per month as I actually don't use much data normally, but might use more now and then so a quick data topup when needed is ideal for me. 
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Murmansk said:
    I'd imagine the new boosts will be able to made recurring just like the others but you can buy a one-off if you run out. I've more or less decided to get the £48 for the year plan that includes all calls and texts and 500mb of data per month as I actually don't use much data normally, but might use more now and then so a quick data topup when needed is ideal for me. 
    I have the same problem, I don't seem to be able to see that in my account to add it.

It could be because I currently have it's forerunner the £36 one with only 250MB data.  I am guessing until the old boost expires I won't be able to see the new £48 one to add.  All very confusing.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Murmansk said:
    I use very few mins/texts so when the new £10 per 90 days min spend comes in on my account I'll get the £3 1GB boost if I can. That'd be £9 every 90 days so I'd need to spend £1 on calls/texts every 90 days or lose it. So for £40 a year I'd effectively get 1GB a month plus 100 mins/texts every 3 months. Should be enough. 

That's if they allow the "add-on" data boosts on their own. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback