Barclaycard Statement

Options
Wyndham
Wyndham Posts: 2,440 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I applied for a new Barclaycard to take advantage of the 0% on purchases.

Got an email to say my first statement was available. Looked online and couldn't see it. Read the FAQs which said it can take a couple of days to show.

Waited.

Got to three days past the statement date and still not showing. Webchat to ask why, and while helpful resulted in a fair amount of head scratching at their end. Told it would be resolved.

Waited.

Two days later got in touch again. Again helpful on the Webchat, and they offered to send me a paper copy.

Post webchat checked again, and hurrah, could see it at last!

Then today, went in to pay it, and it's gone again.....

All of which has meant that I've had a frustrating experience.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not much help, but I do find sometimes the app doesn't refresh the statement or document contents, so they are blank.
    Usually "fixed" by returning to the "Accounts" page and going back into the statement or document pages.

Not had any issues when using normal online banking.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Barclays website never used to work for me at all until I discovered they only work properly using Chrome.  Maybe give that a try?
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They said me emails about statements and it's never there that day in the app, might be next day but usually on the web immediately after the email
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you looking on the app? My latest Barclaycard statement I can see on the app is from 2019. On the website I can see them all 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are pretty bad at issuing statements, usually 3 days after the statement date. They don't then disappear though so may be an issue just for you.
  • FredTrump
    FredTrump Posts: 383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Their tech seems a bit flaky generally.
    I've had emails to say my statement is ready and sometimes it doesn't appear for days.
    I have had it there when I login and next time I log in, it's gone to only reappear next login.

The minimum payment and statemented totals along with the due date are usually there on the website if that helps.
  • Wyndham
    Options
    Brie said:
    Barclays website never used to work for me at all until I discovered they only work properly using Chrome.  Maybe give that a try?
    Already do, but useful suggestion anyway. Thank you!
  • Wyndham
    Options
    Are you looking on the app? My latest Barclaycard statement I can see on the app is from 2019. On the website I can see them all 
    No, I'm on the website. They asked if I'd looked on the app though, so maybe it's all a bit mix and match!
  • Wyndham
    edited 26 February at 10:42PM
    Options
    FredTrump said:
    I've had emails to say my statement is ready and sometimes it doesn't appear for days.
    I have had it there when I login and next time I log in, it's gone to only reappear next login.

The minimum payment and statemented totals along with the due date are usually there on the website if that helps.
    Glad it's not just me! Thank you.

I'd seen the totals on the summary page, and that's fine, but I'm a stickler for double checking against my money manager software and making sure I agree with their balance (or finding the error - usually mine - if I don't). And if they can't even produce a statement for me, then I don't feel very inclined to trust them to get it right..... 

{Sigh} The things I do for my stooze pot! :wink:
  • FredTrump
    FredTrump Posts: 383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wyndham said:
    FredTrump said:

Glad it's not just me! Thank you.

I'd seen the totals on the summary page, and that's fine, but I'm a stickler for double checking against my money manager software and making sure I agree with their balance (or finding the error - usually mine - if I don't). And if they can't even produce a statement for me, then I don't feel very inclined to trust them to get it right..... 

{Sigh} The things I do for my stooze pot! :wink:
    I only use mine for for non-GBP transactions needing S75/chargeback protection or if they're doing one of their Visa enhanced cashback deals. So tolerate their third rate systems - If it was my main card, I would have moved ages ago as they don't offer Google Pay and general customer service is poor.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback