2 emails with conflicting information

Options
Hi I did the email template for a possible reclaim for possible reclaim of car finance. The form was easy to use and only problem was trying to remember a old car number plate over 7+ years ago..
My finance was with RCI finance who later merged with Mobilize. I sent my enquiry on 7th February and got a response on 26th Feb.
What I am confused about is 2 emails with differing information on them received 2 minutes apart but do wonder if it refers to different car loans as put them both on the same form as with same company.

"Good morning, Thank you for your email in relation to any possible Discretionary Commission Arrangements on your Agreement.Unfortunately, we have been unable to validate your enquiry with the information provided. For us to investigate your query further, we would need to be provided with the following information: Vehicle Registration Number Full address historyValid identity document (Passport or Driving Licence)"

and 

Good morning, 
Thank you for your email in relation to any possible Discretionary Commission Arrangements on your Agreement.You have been assigned a reference number below, which will be used in all future correspondence, please take note of this: *****************  Your email has been forwarded on to our Motor Commissions Enquiry team and they will be in contact with you in due course regarding the enquiry.

They had all the full information except proof of identity as this was not on the template.

What do I do?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    For belts and braces respond to the first quoting the reference of the second. 

Alternatively wait until September when the FCA enquiry is completed and it fairly likely that if there was wholesale misuse of DCA that the firms with it will be instructed to proactively reach out to those affected. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback