Can i reclaim when person has died?

Options
Is it possible to claim on behalf of my late father who had been the guarantor on 2 cars bought on H.P.? 
I know the make of both cars but neither of the car companies are trading?
I am unsure of how to fill in the form to claim, please help.
Thank you  

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would it not be the person who took out the finance who would be looking at any reclaim, rather than the guarantor?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You cannot complain about a third party being miss-sold no, any redress belongs to them. Your late father was not sold anything
  • kazig
    kazig Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kazig said:
    Is it possible to claim on behalf of my late father who had been the guarantor on 2 cars bought on H.P.? 
    Thank you  
    Amended post*
    I have since been informed that my later father was the actual person who bought the cars on H.P. & was not the guarantor...
    How can i claim?
  • kazig
    kazig Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    You cannot complain about a third party being miss-sold no, any redress belongs to them. Your late father was not sold anything
    I have since found out my late father was the person who bought the cars & as not as a guarantor, how can i make a claim?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kazig said:
    kazig said:
    Thank you  
    Amended post*
    I have since been informed that my later father was the actual person who bought the cars on H.P. & was not the guarantor...
    How can i claim?
    The executor of the estate has the ability to complain.   They will need to supply the death certificate, copy or Will and probate (if obtained).    If the complaint is successful, the proceeds should be paid out in accordance of the Will.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kazig said:
    Nasqueron said:
    I have since found out my late father was the person who bought the cars & as not as a guarantor, how can i make a claim?
    You don't "make a claim" - you put in a complaint and if the FCA review decides there is a case to answer (after September) then firms who used the DCA model will then be told what to do in terms of redress if applicable.

Do note that as above, if you have the right to complain on behalf of the deceased, the sale would to be affected by DCA and that it applied in the case of your father

Do note putting in a complaint now is pointless as it'll just sit on hold until the FCA is done 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback