We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Here’s where the story ends…

1…118119120121122124»

Comments

  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 13,815
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Back from my break and I really didn’t spend too much at all. Lots of nice food, lovely views, walking and a couple of drinks here and there, literally a couple a day, I don’t drink much on my own but so good to watch the world go by with an aperitivo.

    My Italian has improved a wee bit as understood most things and managed to make myself understood.

    I have another wee break planned soon but shall try to be frugal for a week!

    Mortgage OP 2026 £1920/2000
    Mortgage balance: £29,386

    Make £50 a month Jan £20, Feb £0, March £31, Apr £20, May £30, Jun £120, Jul £0, Aug £45, Sept £0, Oct £5



  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,347
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    Glad you enjoyed your break. 🍦

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 13,815
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Mortgage OP 2026 £1920/2000
    Mortgage balance: £29,386

    Make £50 a month Jan £20, Feb £0, March £31, Apr £20, May £30, Jun £120, Jul £0, Aug £45, Sept £0, Oct £5



  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 13,815
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    It’s been an exhausting week work wise, must start saying no to overtime!

    Today I have been for a run, done lots of washing, ironed and tidied up so the place looks a lot better. I have also packed a bag as I am away again tomorrow for a couple of days, fingers crossed I won’t spend crazy amounts…

    Mortgage OP 2026 £1920/2000
    Mortgage balance: £29,386

    Make £50 a month Jan £20, Feb £0, March £31, Apr £20, May £30, Jun £120, Jul £0, Aug £45, Sept £0, Oct £5



  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 13,815
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    All holidays away over, not too spendy but unfortunately I caught a cold on the way back. I have been trying to take it easy but still working. Off today so need to go drop car off for a service.

    £50 OP today but need to have a look at budget and send some money over later.

    Mortgage OP 2026 £1920/2000
    Mortgage balance: £29,386

    Make £50 a month Jan £20, Feb £0, March £31, Apr £20, May £30, Jun £120, Jul £0, Aug £45, Sept £0, Oct £5



  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 13,815
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Well I am glad I waited before sending a bigger OP as my garage bill is horrendous 😩 still hopefully that will be it for a while 🙏

    Mortgage OP 2026 £1920/2000
    Mortgage balance: £29,386

    Make £50 a month Jan £20, Feb £0, March £31, Apr £20, May £30, Jun £120, Jul £0, Aug £45, Sept £0, Oct £5



  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,347
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    Boo to the garage bill.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,845
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Ferocious garage bills seem to be the theme of the day - Mr KK has had one too! 😳 I think it’s because the cost of the labour has gone up so high now.

    KK

    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 71 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 4th October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.