We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Need help figuring out earnings
Comments
-
and that's the bit that is completely incorrect advice, as you now knowWelshPaul said:We were told this would happen @TheShape.
In fact, yesterday we provided net earnings for both jobs starting with the month of Jan 2023 right through to Jan 2024. So we actually gave them the correct figure of £1,685.55 yesterday.
I happened to mention it today to a friend and I explained to them that UC hadn't taken my wife's earnings into consideration, and they advised me to let them know via my journal, so I did. Then UC asked for her total income for the period of 20/01/2024 - 19/02/2024 and my friend told me I had to declare just the five days as her pay is in arrears and covers a period when we were not claiming. It threw me off!

I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.1 -
Thanks all, we have just provided UC with the correct information and they will recalculate the payment due. Saves us having to deal with the headache of an overpayment although we are in a position to repay it.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
