IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ring Go bought ticket after being in carpark for 16 minutes

Options
Hi there,

I have received a NTK parking charge notice with a time of entry of 10.23 and exit 11.41 totaling 1hr18mins in the carpark.
A ticket was purchased on RingGo for the vehicle for 2hrs, however this ticket was bought at 10.39 until 12.39 so 16 minutes after entering the carpark.

I appreciate that the ticket should have been purchased within the 10min grace period but I want to appeal because a valid ticket was purchased for the length of stay required.

I have until 27th Feb to appeal online and would appreciate any advice on the wording I should use in this appeal to improve my chances of it being accepted.

Google Maps has signage saying Customers have 10 minutes to purchase and display a valid Pay & Display ticket.  And that any driver remaining in this car park 10 minutes after entry agrees to T&Cs. I need to double check the current car park signage as this may have changed with RingGo etc.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 February at 2:21PM
    Options
    You won't win at appeal but will win in court. 

DO NOT PAY TO MAKE IT GO AWAY.

I'd pretty much (apart from one dispute as registered keeper)  ignore it until you get a court claim which is the only dispute resolution you'll get at the moment.

Given Excel have just lost their main 2 litigation people (resigned as per their LinkedIn) I doubt they will be quick to bring cases to court this year.  

The new statutory CoP should beat them to it in 2024, and that will include the ADR of a proper Single appeals service that (as long as it has ADR status) I believe SHOULD be open to you for at least a year from 'impasse' (and impasse could wait until LBC stage).

In short:

- appeal once as KEEPER (not 'driver') with proof of paying. Keep your evidence in paper & photo format.

- DO NOT TRY IAS

- tell Excel if you move house, obviously!

- read the first and second posts of the NEWBIES thread 

- come back here at LBC stage.

In the meantime please show us photos of the PCN front & back.  Data, PCN ref and car ID redacted but with ALL DATES SHOWING.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Frustrated_Traveller
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply.  Always amazed by the fantastic people in the forum!

Please see the PCN photos below.
    My draft wording for the online appeal is as follows:

"This ticket has been issued incorrectly, please can you void it.
    A RingGo ticket was purchased for this vehicle on 3rd Feb during the period the ticket covers. The ticket purchased was for 2 hours of parking and the vehicle left the car park after parking for 1hr 18mins so the ticket covered the period of parking plus a potential additional 42 minutes."

My question would be should I attach this RingGo email noting the parking summary?

• Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,036 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The maximum period allowed at this site is 0 minutes  :D
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    This is Excel you are dealing with - Captain Clampit, not someone a consumer should respect  - so i'd say this is far too polite and the 'PCN' is not a 'ticket' it's an invoice:

"This ticket has been issued incorrectly, please can you void it."
  • Frustrated_Traveller
    Options
    Thank you, early days in dealing with them but as this no doubt drags on I can imagine my politeness will fall away!

Do we know how joined up these companies are with the parking apps like RingGo?  I'm inclined to attach the image of my parking receipt to demonstrate I'd paid for the 2hrs but also don't want to highlight that it was purchased outside the initial 10mins grace period.....

Would you have any recommendation?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No point.  The PCN was issued due to 'taking too long to pay'.  They know you paid.

Easily won in court.  NOT AT IAS.  Don't.
  • Frustrated_Traveller
    Options
    Good morning, I received the expected appeal rejection letter yesterday. Please see attached.
    The letter incorrectly states that I confirmed in the appeal that I was the driver at the time, I ticked that I'm the keeper not the driver.
    Would you suggest replying to advise this error and is there anything else I should note?

Or now wait until they send me an LBC (Letter Before Claim)?

Many thanks!

• Debszzzz2
    Debszzzz2 Posts: 248 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have the energy and can be bothered, I'd write a complaint to VCS pointing out that you appealed as the keeper, not the driver, and that their blatant untruth in the appeal response will be highlighted to a judge in any subsequent court claim should they be so intellectually malnourished as to try and take it that far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes - or ignore it until LBC stage.
  • Frustrated_Traveller
    Options
    Thank you very much, to keep this thread up-to-date with this case.  I have sent this note via the contact section on their website, https://excelparkingservices.co.uk/contact/.

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number XXXX - Vehicle: XXXX

I am making a complaint in regards to an email from your Appeals Administration Team, Re: Charge Notice No. XXXX.  There are a number of incorrect statements in the letter attached:

1. "The above detailed vehicle parked without a valid payment of the parking tariff for the vehicle on site" - this is untrue, a parking ticket was purchased for 2 hours and the vehicle was in the car park for a total of 1hr18mins.

2. "In your appeal you have confirmed to us that on the date in question, you were the driver of the vehicle at the time it parked in the car park." - this is entirely false.  In the appeal I confirmed that I am the keeper of the vehicle, I did not confirm I was the driver.

These blatant untruths from your appeal response will be highlighted to a judge in any subsequent court claim, should you deem it necessary to try to take this issue that far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure