GMAC (General Motor Acceptance Corporation)

Options
Regarding the above mentioned subject  and DCP having done some checks on this matter I see it was taken over by Ally Bank based in America. According to Google it states:  As a result of its exposure to subprime lending during the subprime mortgage crisis, the company filed for bankruptcy protection in 2012 and underwent liquidation in December 2013. Would I be correct to say I would be wasting my time in persuing this one? As Ally Bank do not have an email address to contact the correct department the only way is to phone them (America) which is looking like a cost at £3.00 a minute and will be costly if I cant peruse it.  I had this finance between 2010 and 2013.Any thoughts on this would be grateful. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,908 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to look at the individual entity your contract was with, not parent companies or groups etc 

A quick check on the FCA website doesn't give any obvious results for GMAC or General Motor Acceptance Corporation as a company or trading style regulated in the UK. The register goes back as far as 2000 for any company that was licensed here or an approved representative here. 
  • BLT1
    BLT1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you for that 👍 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business