PCP Reclaim without documentation

Options
I know I took out PCP contracts on cars I had between 2007 and 2012.  The problem is I can not remember what makes the cars were and don't have any paperwork, or bank statements to check

Is there anyway I can find this information anywhere?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is no central repository of data - you could try old bank statements if you are still with the bank you were then and see if they had payments to a specific lender though that may not identify the car.

Given you don't have any of this data, how would you know you were affected by a DCA ?
  • Fastweb58
    Options
    Because I have been purchasing my cars through PCP since I can remember. I have paperwork since 2013 but nothing before that. I suppose I will have to leave it
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fastweb58 said:
    Because I have been purchasing my cars through PCP since I can remember. I have paperwork since 2013 but nothing before that. I suppose I will have to leave it
    OK perhaps there is a misunderstanding here - the commission complaints process going through the FCA review doesn't apply to all PCP, only if 1) the firm used the DCA model and 2) you personally had PCP rate inflated by the team

As I said - your bank from the time would have records of payments to the car firm which might help though that won't give you reg details etc 
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I struggled to remember my registration number from over 7 years ago and hoped some old photos would provide but no. Eventually I was able to find it on TFL congestion charge history.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback