Continuing healthcare, personal health budget: help finding out all the costing/financial informatio

Options

I previously requested to have more control of who cares for me, and I was advised about direct payments so that I can select rather than have an agency who don't follow my requests or complaints

I've changed agency in the past, but realise this is not sustainable compared to picking vetted  carers myself

But as with direct payments, I was told I would be responsible for managing all the 

Admin and financial information of the budget, which will be too much for me to do and was advised thata payroll company would do this on my behalf and that I would only be required to submit weekly rota's

But my case manager has now sent me a list of information, I need to find out, which is extremely challenging as a person, I am needing to provide

• Contact PayPacket for the breakdown of their costs to manage your account for us to add to the PHB costing.
  • You will be dealing with Pay Packet directly as you are the employer
  • Once you are set up on the NHS payment, you can contact Pay Packet to start the PAYE paperwork for your Pas.
  • You will need a Contract of employment in place with your PAs.
  • DBS Costs-carers can pay for their DBS and get reimbursed.
  • Costs of setting up contracts
  • Mandatory Training costs (online)
  • Face to face mandatory training costs
  • Training costs specific to your condition
  • Liability Insurance (Fish Insurance or Mark Bates Insurance)
  • PPE costs
  • Recruitment costs
  • Advertising costs
  • Cots for total number of carers (there is no bank holiday pay rate.)

The payroll company has told Me, they only deal with the first free points, so have no idea what to do about the remaining ones

Does anyone know how I would locate this costing information?

I spoke to Citizens Advice Bureau,, and they told me to speak to my social worker, which I didn't realise I had, but on enquiring was told that it was my Chc case manager, that is my social worker!

any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 February at 2:40PM
    Options
    There are agencies who can help with the recruitment side of things (not just payroll) but you still directly, employ the person yourself have you asked if that’s a possibility where you are?
    Penderels Trust is the main one that comes to mind. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there not someone at your local council who can advise?
    There should be a team who deal with DP's admin to keep you on the right path. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elsien
    Options
    It’s a health budget, so the local authority are not going to want to touch it with a bargepole. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• beanielou
    Options
    elsien said:
    It’s a health budget, so the local authority are not going to want to touch it with a bargepole. 
    Must be different in Scotland then as in Scotland the direct payments are paid to the person needing the care & the DP team help with any issues. The money is paid by the local authority.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• elsien
    Options
    That’s how it works in England with social care direct payments but the OP is asking about health personal budgets not social care ones. 

• beanielou
    Options
    elsien said:
    That’s how it works in England with social care direct payments but the OP is asking about health personal budgets not social care ones. 
    My mistake.. I read it as a question about DP's.

• Rer24
    Rer24 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options

Thanks for the replies, I just feel so lost on how to oh this cost information, and after speaking to my case manager again, she said they were simply my responsibility to find out these costs

As I won't be getting direct paymentS But just stay payroll company managed services account, it feels like I would still have the responsibility of handling everything financial regarding my care

Could someone who manages their own direct payments, or on behalf of a loved one, shed some lights on demanding/work is involved to manage direct payments?
    I am single and don't have anyone to take on this responsibility

I was hoping that using the payroll company to manage my services would alleviate all of the direct payment responsibilities, but the fans I need to find all these cost information first of all^^^ Extremely daunting

By the way, I have never had to bear any of the financial responsibilities of my care, as I've always had a notional personal health budget since needing Care

Thanks
  • beanielou
    Options
    So with DP’s the money is sent to a bank account that you use only for direct payments. 
    A basic bank account is fine. This is the account that all DP related payments come out of. 
    It is your responsibility to employ a PA for the number of hours you have been allocated. 
    There is normally a blank contract supplied. 
    You complete that. Your PA signs one copy & keeps a copy. Whoever is coordinating your DP gets a copy.  
    You will get a supply of blank timesheets. They have to be completed by you & signed by the PA. On completion they are sent to the people running your payroll. They will let you know how much to pay your PA & what payments to make to HMRC. 
    You also need insurance to cover your PA. 

• Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

There should be an employers support organsiation used by your CHC but they (at least in this area) were not well set up for PHB/ DP.

I would start by asking the LA who supports the LA DP users and then see if they would take your on as well.. this is often a CIL Centre for independnet living. 

There are also groups that  are specific to CHC and can do all the admin and help your recruit or just do part of it. Have a look at 'Health your way' and 'ask jules',  on google. 

I had a close friend with a  terrible experience wih a CHC team that didnt understand direct payments/ phb at all.. 

its also worth checking fb out for various direct payment and CHC per support groups, there may be someone from your county and national ones such as peoplehub
  • Rer24
    Rer24 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 22 February at 10:54AM
    Options
    Yes, I see, but with managed account with a payroll company I was under the impression this is different to direct payments? And that like mentioned according to the payroll company, I just submit weekly rotors and they take care of the rest financially

I was told before by the caseworker that they would pay for the payroll company, so would assume they would also pay for a company to assist in all these other admin/finance/insurance requirements, or is , it either you do it all yourself with direct payments or
    I just want to have the flexibility and control to pick and choose who cares for me rather than the council/agency do it all for you with a notional budget?

But looking at this long list of requirements, I don't know how I would obtain this
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback