Options
124»

Comments

• tylery
    tylery Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 March at 7:29AM
    Options
    Debt management works best when you plan it out beforehand.

Remember the 5 "P`s"....Pre-Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

Planning is everything, from opening new bank accounts to avoid set off, obtaining defaults through non payment, and preventing collection calls by invoking GDPR and insisting on written comm`s only.

Taking control of matters and been pre-emptive makes for a much smoother ride all round.
    I followed these steps and there is no mention of invoking GDPR...although it mentions written comms 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6496941/in-debt-and-wannabe-debt-free-first-steps/p1
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,638 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tylery said:

Planning is everything, from opening new bank accounts to avoid set off, obtaining defaults through non payment, and preventing collection calls by invoking GDPR and insisting on written comm`s only.

Taking control of matters and been pre-emptive makes for a much smoother ride all round.
    I followed these steps and there is no mention of invoking GDPR...although it mentions written comms 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6496941/in-debt-and-wannabe-debt-free-first-steps/p1
    There is a sentence suggesting you write to the company and ask for written communications only if you don’t want them to phone you but yes we need maybe to expand on that to invoke GDPR and remove phone numbers etc. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tylery
    Options
    tylery said:

There is a sentence suggesting you write to the company and ask for written communications only if you don’t want them to phone you but yes we need maybe to expand on that to invoke GDPR and remove phone numbers etc. 
    If you could explain when and how to invoke GDPR that will be great 
  • tylery
    Options
    tylery said:
    tylery said:

If you could explain when and how to invoke GDPR that will be great 
    Bump ???????
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 March at 9:08PM
    Options
    GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) is the mechanism that gives you the choice of how you are contacted.

So simply tell them you want them to contact you in writing only, don`t contact me by phone, and remove my phone number from your system etc etc.

Send it all in a letter, by law they must comply.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback