Does anyone here work for BA? Help please!

Options
Hi all, I'm pretty furious this morning, my girfriend and I have had 2 business class seats booked on a BA flight for 11 months, LGW to CUN. When we made the booking we selected 4J/4K (as this is an old non-Club Suite 777). A couple of months later BA changed the aircraft to a Club Suite 777 and allocated new seats that split us up!  Luckily I caught this and reallocated us two seats next to eachother again using the online tool. Today, (4 days before the flight) they have changed the aircraft again back to a non-Club Suite 777 and once again split us up. The cabin is now full online and I cannot select any other seats.

I have just got off the phone with BA and they are insisting they also cannot do anything about this and said the fact we selected seats next to eachother on the original booking is irrelevant and they had to move us around for 'operational reasons'. Yeah I get the bloody operational reasons but why would you split up a couple travelling together when they have had seats allocated for the last 11 months?! What's even more annoying is that there is a single seat next to me (they put me in 1J, so the window seat 1K is also a single) but they are refusing to swap this with my partner so we can sit together? Why?!

My girlfriend is going to be devastated... this is a very special trip... if you get my meaning.  If there is anyone here that works for BA and might be able to work some magic, I would be so very grateful.

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you ask them why they wouldn't swap to 1K?
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you book direct or via an agent?
  • regency_man
    regency_man Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lisyloo said:
    Did you ask them why they wouldn't swap to 1K?
    The agent just said they were unable to do it.

Did you book direct or via an agent?
    Direct.

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Options
    You could try FlyerTalk British Airways | Executive Club - FlyerTalk Forums

Is 1K vacant, or taken?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,553 Forumite
    Options
    might be useful if someone has an ExpertFlyer (or similar) subscription that can see whether any of the seats are currently blocked...sorry can't help
  • mdann52
    mdann52 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bagand96 said:

Is 1K vacant, or taken?
    1K is locked for golds until check-in is open.

Good chance you'll be able to get this at T-24 when online check in opens if it's still showing available
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,053 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mdann52 said:
    bagand96 said:

Is 1K vacant, or taken?
    1K is locked for golds until check-in is open.

Good chance you'll be able to get this at T-24 when online check in opens if it's still showing available
    I was going to say, either it is reserved for golds or it is a bassinet seat.

When you are at the gate or in the lounge, ask if they can move it, if you haven't managed to move it yourself. 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My girlfriend is going to be devastated... this is a very special trip... if you get my meaning.
    Good luck! 🤞
  • mr_stripey
    mr_stripey Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    on the plus side, at least you get peace and quiet for the flight! Only joking pal - I think it is likely they will accomodate you at check in. #

Good luck!

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What seat has been allocated to your girlfriend?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback