Red Letter Days in trouble?

Options
Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with Red Letter Days since yesterday? 

Requested and paid for an experience and 24 hours later haven't received the evoucher although they say to wait an hour from booking -although on another page they say up to 12 hours. I've tried calling Customer Services all day but getting an engaged or disconnected line sound.
Also, can't log in on my mobile phone.

Thanks.

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sites still up, given the login issue. You did check email was correct?
    Life in the slow lane
  • legalfreak
    legalfreak Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, site is still up and I can log in to the site via laptop . I also have an account with them. But, and this is the main issue, although my payment on my CC for the voucher is showing as pending on my CC account, there is no record of an order on my account with RLDs.

And the fact that their CS line seems to be disabled is worrying because there seems to be no other way to contact them- I believe.

The only email I have received from them is the 'welcome to RLDs' email. Not sure if this is what you are referring to. That email refers to the above phone number.
  • seanshevety
    Options

One of the worst consumer experiences I can remember. We were left wondering if their business model relied on people giving up and not redeeming the vouchers. We were gifted five vouchers and wanted to book four experiences:

The first experience let us redeem the voucher code but didn’t detail how to convert the voucher with the provider. This led us to believe the voucher hadn’t processed fully so we contacted via webchat, who told us this delay is normal.

The second experience was listed on the main site, but wasn’t then listed on the redeem site. This was resolved by another webchat but it wouldn’t then let us redeem the voucher through their website so I had to call the provider directly. They were aware of the issue so I’m unsure why RLD/BAG wasn’t.

The third experience was again listed on the main site, but wasn’t then listed on the redeem site. Via webchat again, we eventually got the voucher. However, the experience wasn’t available on the date we wanted, despite it being one of the days listed as having availability on the website. We have had to settle for a different location on another date, neither of which we really wanted, however we had reached the point where we just wanted to book something so we didn’t have to deal with the website and webchat any further. 

The fourth experience wasn’t available at all at the venue we wanted, despite it being listed as one of the venues we could choose on the website. We have had to book a venue further from us as there was no availability for the voucher we had booked at our preferred venue.

Despite requesting a phone call for assistance, this didn’t happen. We noted however they called immediately when seeking payment for costs over a voucher’s value. This amount appears to have come from our account twice.

This took out pretty much a whole day for two of us. We will never use this company again.

• legalfreak
    legalfreak Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, sunds horrendous!Don't know why I can't get through on the phone. The amount on my CC still shows as pending so hopefully it will show as cancelled tomorrow. If not I will take it up of course with the CC co.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback