2»

Comments

• Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    henry24 said:
    What's wrong the Mazda cx5 diesel?
    Mazda diesels are notoriously unreliable. In relative terms. Sure they’re not littering road sides up and down the country but they’re not great for reliability in comparison to other marques. 
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    henry24 said:
    What's wrong the Mazda cx5 diesel?
    Mazda diesels are notoriously unreliable. In relative terms. Sure they’re not littering road sides up and down the country but they’re not great for reliability in comparison to other marques. 
    Is the Mazda made in Japan ? i always thought Japanese cars were bullet proof when it came to quality and reliability.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • henry24
    henry24 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is what I don't understand the engine in the cx5 is the same as the 6 and I've done about 250000 miles in the 3 I've had and I've never had anything go wrong with any of them. My current cx5 has done 87000 miles in 3 years 
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,008 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    105500 miles.  Always serviced by main agent on time. In 8 years it has been in the garage for repairs over 12 months in total.   It is a known fault and the turbos were replaced free.
  • ontheroad1970
    ontheroad1970 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had CX5 for a few years and had no issues.  Fuel economy not the best though.  Good car to drive and plenty of space.
  • Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Mazda 2.2 Skyactiv diesel engine can suffer a few problems.

Most are typical modern diesel related issues, DPF's, oil dilution due to failed DPF regenerations, EGR issues.
    These problems can obviously be costly to sort and can have an impact on other parts, like oil dilution effecting turbo bearings.

It has been know some can suffer from failing injector seals, which leads to further oil contamination problems that effect other parts, again like the turbo.
    But don't take my word for it, a simple search of the internet will throw up all you need to know.

If you're looking for diesel type economy you don't have to buy diesels these days. A hybrid might be the way to go.

They are generally less stressed in the engine department and don't need turbos to produce the torque, so they tend to be quite reliable.
    Toyota's hybrid system is particularly hardy, mini cabbers have been piling on 300 or 400 thousand miles on old Prius's without much bother.

Cars like the Kia Niro, Toyota C-HR, Hyundai Kona all come in a straight "self charging" form.
    The latest Renault Captur can also be had in Hybrid form (E Tech).

You also have the likes if the Honda CR V hybrid, Toyota Rav4 hybrid (or it's sister, the Suzuki Across) but they all tend to be a bit pricier.

Whatever takes your fancy, research it well.
    As pointed out, cars like the Peugeot can have wet timing belts and they are very problematic and eye wateringly expensive to put right if they go wrong.
    Even if they don't go wrong,  the normal service to replace the belt is also very expensive.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback