Flogas or Calor

Options
We currently get our gas from Calor, we have an underground tank which they provided (I'm assuming, it was here when we bought the house 3 years ago.  The house is 7 years old, rural location in Dorset).  Our contract with Calor has just lapsed and we are looking to change to Flogas.  They have quoted us 52p per litre and 30p daily standing charge, including VAT. Calor are currently around 56ppl and 28p daily standing charge.  

Is it difficult/complicated to change supplier?  What happens about the tank, and does anyone have any experiences/recommendations? 

Many thanks.

Comments

• Poundnote
    Poundnote Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I transferred from Calor to Flogas 2 years ago and have been happy with Flogas. Their telemetry system supplies daily readings to your account together with expected number of days gas remaining. I am on their auto ordering system which I can track, and they will email the delivery date when the actual delivery is due.

It is not difficult to change supplier provided you give the appropriate notice. The tank will be purchased by Flogas from Calor and as your tank is 7 years old and underground you should not have any problems as tanks are good for 30 years.

The process of tank transfer (by law) is sorted between the incoming and outgoing suppliers.

Calor gas was unable to provide the twenty-year test certificate to Flogas and this delayed my transfer. My tank was installed in year 2000, Calor replaced my above ground tank with a newly refurbished tank for me to change supplier.

• Rhino666
    Rhino666 Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is interesting. I am in the South Hams and have been with Flogas for some years now. They want me to agree to a 2 year contract at 67ppl, s/c about 33p a day. The question is, are you being offered a really good deal or am I being ripped off?     
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • Scottish_Dorset
    Options
    Rhino666 said:
    That is interesting. I am in the South Hams and have been with Flogas for some years now. They want me to agree to a 2 year contract at 67ppl, s/c about 33p a day. The question is, are you being offered a really good deal or am I being ripped off?     
    Maybe ask them for a new quote, or threaten to leave?
  • Sorting_Hat
    Sorting_Hat Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you change supplier the new firm buys the tank from the existing one.
    The tank does not go anywhere.
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just changed to Flogas, very easy.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts