Agoda booking - incorrect room

barneybeagle
barneybeagle Posts: 133
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
We paid for a 4 poster double bed in a hotel recently through Agoda for 2 nights. However, when we reached the hotel, they had booked us into a comfort double (over £100 difference in price).

The hotel showed me the confirmation they received from Agoda and I showed them our booking on email and App, so the problem clearly lied with a !!!!!!-up at Agoda. The hotel was full so the hotel could not move us.

I phoned their customer service and they confirmed my correct room booking and told me they would contact the hotel. The following morning reception told me that they had replied to a request by Agoda to what room I had been booked in, which they confirmed to them.

I then received a request for a photograph of the room by Agoda. I attached a photo and sent it back to them.

They then offered me Agodacash USD 34.00, which I refused. They then offered me around GBP 57.00 in Agodacash. I also did not accept that as the price difference in the rooms was considerably more. I have now been offered around Agodacash USD 104.00.

I haven't replied yet, as I am sick of trying to explain to them of the difference in pricing. I feel they should pay me the difference and also a bit extra in compensation in sterling (not Agodacash as I do not intend using them again).

Can anyone advise me on what next or other steps I should take please.

Thank you
bb

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,226
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 13 February at 8:55AM
    Credit card charge back.

Agoda did not do their job as an agent since (unusually) you have clear evidence that this was not the hotel's fault.

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,641
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 February at 8:55AM
    We paid for a 4 poster double bed in a hotel recently through Agoda for 2 nights. However, when we reached the hotel, they had booked us into a comfort double (over £100 difference in price).

The hotel showed me the confirmation they received from Agoda and I showed them our booking on email and App, so the problem clearly lied with a !!!!!!-up at Agoda. The hotel was full so the hotel could not move us.

I phoned their customer service and they confirmed my correct room booking and told me they would contact the hotel. The following morning reception told me that they had replied to a request by Agoda to what room I had been booked in, which they confirmed to them.

I then received a request for a photograph of the room by Agoda. I attached a photo and sent it back to them.

They then offered me Agodacash USD 34.00, which I refused. They then offered me around GBP 57.00 in Agodacash. I also did not accept that as the price difference in the rooms was considerably more. I have now been offered around Agodacash USD 104.00.

I haven't replied yet, as I am sick of trying to explain to them of the difference in pricing. I feel they should pay me the difference and also a bit extra in compensation in sterling (not Agodacash as I do not intend using them again).

Can anyone advise me on what next or other steps I should take please.

Thank you
    bb
    Have you told them what you do want?
  • barneybeagle
    barneybeagle Posts: 133
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    After several emails each way, they have offered me the final amount of £86.00. I asked for £120.00 which I believe is a fair amount. Should I pursue the Credit card charge-back, something I have not done to date when I have experienced issues. Thanks for any info/advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback