Driving license/passport different surnames

Options
Considering hiring a car at Eindhoven airport. I've booked flights in my married name (passport had # of years left following divorce) however my driving licence & documents are in my maiden name. Is this likely to cause confusion picking up the hire car and crossing border to Belgium?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,090 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    take your name change documents (decree nisi??) so you can prove you're the same person on the passport and driver's licence.  I'm sure any car firm has dealt with this previously.  

And there's no border crossing to worry about when you're driving around the majority of Europe.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, the EU is borderless, you cross from one country to the next seemlessly. The car hire people don't usually ask for passports, they want to see your driving licence. In that connection don't forget to visit DVLA and download a certificated of your licence information - not that many hire companies ask for it! See: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
    Download 2 or 3 or these, just in case. Maybe I am paranoid?
    Have a good trip!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure