IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How to Deal with an Unfair Parking Ticket?

Comments

• I have now received a letter from QDR Solicitors, saying they have been instructed by ZZPS to recover the "debt" and that they require me to make the full payment of £170 within 14 days. What are my options now?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have now received a letter from QDR Solicitors, saying they have been instructed by ZZPS to recover the "debt" and that they require me to make the full payment of £170 within 14 days. What are my options now?
    Please read again the first reply you received on this thread and then tell us which bit of it needs further explanation.
  • Does the fact that I am now receiving letters from solicitors, rather than ZZPS, mean I should do anything differently or should I just continue to ignore them?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ZZPS cannot instruct anyone. They cannot claim to be owed any money by anyone.
  • Should I write an email to the solicitors who have sent me a letter though? What would be the risks associated with doing that?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's just ZZPS using QDR notepaper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MarbleCases
    MarbleCases Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 14 March at 1:02PM
    I have now received a further letter from QDR Solicitors, asking me to contact them within 14 days to discuss "repayment". They say that failure to do so may result in them recommending to the Car Park Operator that the matter be enforced through criminal court proceedings and that, if so, I would have to appear before the Magistrates Court. Is this just a meaningless threat or does it change the situation? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 March at 2:32PM
    I have now received a further letter from QDR Solicitors, asking me to contact them within 14 days to discuss "repayment". They say that failure to do so may result in them recommending to the Car Park Operator that the matter be enforced through criminal court proceedings and that, if so, I would have to appear before the Magistrates Court. Is this just a meaningless threat or does it change the situation? 
    Nice threat.

Show us that letter please.

And the PCN or Penalty Notice from SABA.

Do QDR give you 30 days to reply?  I'm asking because you are best delaying your response until the last day. As the 'Penalty Notice' was issued for a parking contravention in October, it will 'time out' in April.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Has the OP actually read the Newbies/FAQ thread?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback