Report 'sorry for unusually high call volumes' recorded messages

Options
GoodHouseKeeping
GoodHouseKeeping Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 9 February at 5:39PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I have just tried to use this reporting facility, but it is limited to certain sectors, specifically it does not include the Citizen Advice Bureau's Consumer Advice Line.....lol!

This response is endemic for soooo many organisations, some going as far as saying that they are doing everything they can to deal with your call - well clearly they are not.  It is a hang over from Covid that they are not addressing.

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Has the distraction of the internet and social media made us all less productive?  
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Seems only tangentially related to consumer rights - the page is clear about which types of company it's looking at - so this might be better posted on site feedback or praise, vent & warnings boards?
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    edited 9 February at 5:36PM
    Options
    Agree it's more of a vent than anything to do with rights or a money saving problem anyone on here might be able to proactively help with. 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • GoodHouseKeeping
    Options
    Indeed this is more of an observation.  There is clearly an issue, hence the posting by moneysavingexpert, why they have limited their scope is unknown but my point is that it is endemic for businesses across the board.
  • Chieveley
    Chieveley Posts: 418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was going to use Matins new reporting tool to report an online version of a queue, but it's only collecting telephone queues. I have tried to reach my insurer with a question, and they only provide an emergency claim line number. I have opened a chat box at 10.02 am and as at 10.18 no one has replied. I tried last week and bailed after 15 minutes then. I thought I would have been contacted about renewing insurance but not a peep that reached my postbox/inbox
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    Options
    I have just tried to use this reporting facility, but it is limited to certain sectors, specifically it does not include the Citizen Advice Bureau's Consumer Advice Line.....lol!

This response is endemic for soooo many organisations, some going as far as saying that they are doing everything they can to deal with your call - well clearly they are not.  It is a hang over from Covid that they are not addressing.

Indeed. Just tried to report my call to Royal Mail (who give the classic "unusually busy" spiel), but can't because they're not one of the sectors included. 

Come on MSE, make this a proper survey that actually works!
  • KennyScout
    KennyScout Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can we add Student Loans Company to this?! 
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    Options
    As someone working on the other end of this. A real knock on effect of this is. People that complain they have been waiting X minutes, rather than simply getting on with why they were calling. In regulated area's. This means a complaint has to be logged. Leading to further delays to people waiting.

No matter what you can never have enough bums on seats to take calls when there are problems.

The reason in covid, was not covid or bums on seats (work from home gave same number of bums on seats) but the higher number of calls due to the issues covid threw up & people not working, ringing up.
    I didn’t know that, I’m sure I’m not the only one.  It’s a useful piece of information, thank you.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback