Car finance

Options
maryc1983
maryc1983 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 13 February at 4:02PM in Reclaim car finance
Hi all

Wonder.if anyone can help

So I had car finance with Carlyle finance and I want to enquire with them about the mis sold car finance that was on Martins show last night.
However I haven't got any paperwork and I cannot find any company details or email.address for them online anywhere. Can anyone help please?
Thank you

Comments

• CockapooMad
    CockapooMad Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I've just googled Carlyle Finance and found they rebranded to MotoNovo in 2012. If you use the reclaim tool and put in MotoNovo it should give you their email address
  • bj3656
    bj3656 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    some feedback for the team re my experience currently.
    My PcP was with Kia Finance, from 2013 to 2022, covering 3 vehicles. I had an initial response to my enquiry about 2 weeks after I sent my claim, and since that time I have received a request to supply further details as Kia Finance were unable to locate me in their records. See attached table which gives an idea of information required. Fortunately I have kept ALL the relevant paperwork, so we will see what the outcome is going forward. I hope this is helpful to others in a similar situation.
    Regards 
    DB
  • Sheri75
    Sheri75 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My finance provider is not listed in the list which says which companies sent an auto reply, how long to expect til a reply etc. My company was in your tool so why aren't they listed in the response time list? Thanks
  • chozen12
    chozen12 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had an interesting response from Ford Credit about two finance agreements I had with them.  Basically, they've found my finance accounts, but are saying they cannot determine whether a discretionary commission agreement was in place.  This isn't their final response, just an update.  They have given me FOS rights however.   Now I'm not sure whether it's best to wait for the Final Response or escalate to FOS now.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    chozen12 said:
    Had an interesting response from Ford Credit about two finance agreements I had with them.  Basically, they've found my finance accounts, but are saying they cannot determine whether a discretionary commission agreement was in place.  This isn't their final response, just an update.  They have given me FOS rights however.   Now I'm not sure whether it's best to wait for the Final Response or escalate to FOS now.
    What are you going to do if you dont wait?

Either you complain you had DCA with no proof and the FOS will say complaints are on hold until at least the end of September or you are going to complain that you didnt have DCA?

Given the timescales involved many finance companies will have correctly destroyed records as required under GDPR and to the FCA is going to have to state what it expects to be done in all these cases. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chozen12 said:
    The FOS are not accepting complaints regarding DCA.   So, no point doing that.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback