TUI Denying Compensation for Losing 1 day Holiday during a 24 Hour Flight delay

Options
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/72034914#Comment_72034914
I read the above on your forum regarding compensation for losing a days holiday during a 24 hour flight delay, which you say I am entitled to under 261/04. 
However, TUI who I booked (from the UK "Manchester" to Gran Canaria) with Flew with and returned with, are denying any compensation other than the Standard Flight Delay compensation.
Could you help Please, I have written to the CEO but received a more or less generic NO via email today, Having started this on 30 December 2023.
Thanks Bill

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are you referring to a package holiday booked via TUI's holiday company, or just flights with TUI's airline?

If the former, then it's the package organiser rather than the airline who's responsible for reducing the holiday price, in accordance with Regulation 11(7) of the Package Travel Regulations:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/regulation/11
  • CalderFellow
    CalderFellow Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This was a Full PACKAGE bought and paid at TUI's Office. The date was 23 December, 2023. The plane broke down and we arrived just over 24hours later having lost 1 day of our Holiday. We have been asking for compensation for the Flight Delay (already agreed) but also a days lost holiday as we should have arrived 24 hours earlier.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just to clarify, the obligations are separate and unrelated, so need to be handled as two independent claims, via the two companies involved, even if they're part of the same group:

The airline is required to pay compensation for a delay of over three hours (unless caused by extraordinary circumstances), under the UK261 flight delay/compensation regulations.

Separately, the package organiser is required to reduce the price of the holiday under the Package Travel Regulations if the number of nights was lower than booked.
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This was a Full PACKAGE bought and paid at TUI's Office. 
    You mean one of their retail outlets on the high street?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback