Recent Hoover pet vacuum blagged code

sarahsmum57
sarahsmum57 Posts: 1
First Anniversary
edited 19 February at 11:03AM in Site feedback
Hi,
I saw this offer on the email newsletter. Sale offer £199 but only £120 with the code. I’ve never done one of these before but decided to do this one as I need a new vacuum. I duly put the code in and paid but I’ve been charged £199. Should the extra discount have shown before purchase I wonder? It was a limited offer of first 5000 or deadline date, whichever is sooner but it didn’t say the 5000 had been reached and the deadline date hasn’t arrived yet. I need a new vacuum anyway but I wonder if I did something wrong? As it stands, I won’t be taking a coded offer up in future. Maybe I’ve missed doing something? As I said, I’ve never done anything like this before. Thanks in advance for comments.

Comments

• IsCat
    IsCat Posts: 3
    First Post
    it worked fine for me - it should have reduced to £120 before you paid. Just checked and the offer is still available. I'd suggest getting in touch with Hoover and seeing if they'll refund the difference. Only other thing - was it definitely the pet model you went for? the code didn't work on the other one.
  • MSE_Georgia-May
    MSE_Georgia-May Posts: 12
    First Post First Anniversary
    MSE Staff
    edited 8 February at 10:36AM
    Hi,
    I saw this offer on the email newsletter. Sale offer £199 but only £120 with the code. I’ve never done one of these before but decided to do this one as I need a new vacuum. I duly put the code in and paid but I’ve been charged £199. Should the extra discount have shown before purchase I wonder? It was a limited offer of first 5000 or deadline date, whichever is sooner but it didn’t say the 5000 had been reached and the deadline date hasn’t arrived yet. I need a new vacuum anyway but I wonder if I did something wrong? As it stands, I won’t be taking a coded offer up in future. Maybe I’ve missed doing something? As I said, I’ve never done anything like this before. Thanks in advance for comments.
    Hello, sorry to hear you've had trouble with this deal and not been charged £120. I have sent you a private message, if you could please respond (via private message) with your full name, email and order number, I will raise this with Hoover ASAP to refund the difference in costs. 
    Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused here - Georgia-May
  • TrishB_2
    TrishB_2 Posts: 15
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The code worked ok for me, however I am still waiting for a confirmation email to say my order has gone through!
    I did message Hoover to check as the amount is pending on my credit card.  They just said they would send me a tracking link when the order had been processed, I am assuming they have been inundated with orders?! 
    Has anyone else had the same problem?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,485
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Hi,
    Hello, sorry to hear you've had trouble with this deal and not been charged £120. I have sent you a private message, if you could please respond (via private message) with your full name, email and order number, I will raise this with Hoover ASAP to refund the difference in costs. 
    Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused here - Georgia-May
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to a more appropriate board?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback