*** Issues with Parcel Monkey please help ***

Options

Hi Forum, I am getting really frustrated with the way I have been treated by Parcel Monkeys and would like to know if the next step would be a small court or if there are any other options I can explore please? Here is a chain of events in my Parcel Monkey SAGA so far

• I made an investment in insured shipping for a valuable, factory-sealed parcel, intending to return it to the manufacturer in Hong Kong.

• On January 8th, DPD collected the parcel from my local post office, with the expectation that it would reach Hong Kong within 2-3 days.

• I did not receive any communication from DPD or Parcel Monkey until over a week later, prompting me to contact Parcel Monkey to express my concerns.

• Parcel Monkey informed me that they had contacted DPD, who mentioned that the parcel contained a camera. I confirmed this fact and emphasised that all necessary paperwork and customs forms were provided at the time of booking.

• Despite adhering to the proper procedure and paying £45.90, including VAT, I was informed that the parcel would not be delivered. I was offered an alternative option via Parcel Force at an additional cost, which I declined.

• I was then informed that the parcel would be re-labeled and returned to me, without a specified timeframe.

• Presently, I have been informed that the re-labeled parcel is en route to my residential address, with two delivery attempts scheduled. However, my home security footage contradicts these claims, as there were no DPD deliveries recorded on those days.

• According to information provided by Parcel Monkey and DPD, the parcel has been at my local depot since January 25th but has not been delivered. I have not been offered an opportunity to collect it in person, leading to uncertainty regarding the parcel's current status.

• Unexpectedly, I was informed that my address lacked a house number, and as a result, they were unable to return the parcel. They requested my address information once again, despite having it on multiple forms already. This raised questions about where the parcel was initially intended for delivery if the house number was missing.

• I am in direct communication with the manufacturer in Hong Kong, who can provide email confirmation verifying that they have not received the parcel containing the camera that I intended to return.

• I have clarified that my contract is with Parcel Monkey, not DPD, making Parcel Monkey responsible for the handling of the parcel in question and demanded full pay-out of the value and compensation.

Despite my repeated attempts to resolve this issue through customer service channels, I have not received any satisfactory response or resolution, therefore I would like to know what other options I can explore before legal action, please can you suggest anything here? Do I have no choice no but small court? I will appreciate you suggestions...  

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 February at 7:42PM
    Options
    I can't really help but just to check because it may affect what actions you can take: did the service definitely include cameras in what items could be insured?  Did you check the exclusions for the product you were buying via ParcelMonkey?  Going through a broker like that the products and the T&Cs can be different from the courier's own T&Cs for parcels booked directly with them, and they often exclude things that the courier wouldn't normally.
  • Miser1964
    Miser1964 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    >I have not been offered an opportunity to collect it in person<

Ask them if you can collect?
  • fishydog
    fishydog Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Miser1964 said:
    >I have not been offered an opportunity to collect it in person<

Ask them if you can collect?
    I did on more than one occasion 
  • fishydog
    fishydog Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options

Right, so a couple of weeks ago, they returned a parcel which was covered in stickers as if it had been around the world a few times before it arrived. Parcel Monkey tried to make me pay for returning it. In fact, they have asked for money on at least 3 occasions. This seems to be a recurring theme from what I have gathered in other posts or from people posting reviews.

Only after I made it clear on multiple occasions that I would take it to court, they returned it without even explaining anything. They have the whole system covered I think. My guess is that this is how they operate and try to make money off desperate people. However, I persevered didn't fall for their lies, and it paid off. I got my parcel back a few months later down the line, but Parcel Monkey is truly the worst company I had to deal with.

That's not over yet! They still have not refunded my money for the service they have not fulfilled!! I paid them nearly £50 for nothing. I am going to give them another week and then will take it further. They are pure horrendous to deal with, I hope there will be some documentary on Channel 4 Dispatches about them so people can be aware of this.

Also, the interesting thing is that I sent two paper letters to their address (signed for and the other special delivery) neither of them has been confirmed as delivered. I wonder if they even have a legitimate office...

Thanks all for your helps and suggestions. I will let you know once the case is closed but I have a feeling they will keep me entertained for another few months. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback