SIM only for non smartphone

Options
Ridersbolt
Ridersbolt Posts: 22 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I am looking for cheapest SIM only provided for my basic 4G phone. Only need it for calls and texts. No data required

Comments

• ss2020jd
    ss2020jd Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There’s a good list on the latest MSE guide that also includes some international calls, but I have just got my mum unlimited minutes and texts (no data) ‘talk and text’ sim from Asda for £4 a month. 

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    Options
    It's worth remembering that even a non-smartphone may use data. It's normally advised to get a tariff with a small amount of data eg 250Mb 
  • Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    1pmobile does a calls and text SIM that we use in our house alarm, £36 for 12 months 1p a minute and 1p a text.
    Worked for us as unless the alarm went off, all it used was 2p a week for a test call and a test text, so depends on how many calls and texts you want to make.
  • 3wheels
    3wheels Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February at 12:20PM
    Options
    So long as you don't mind entering into a 2 year contract, Sky mobile (uses O2 network) do unlimited minutes and texts + 100MB of data for £2 pr month (+"free" basic Nokia). 
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I am looking for cheapest SIM only provided for my basic 4G phone. Only need it for calls and texts. No data required
    Any idea how much you will use it? Sim only generally means a contract, the alternative is pay as you go for light usage (with optional 30 day bundles)  The majority of sim only deals will give unlimited UK calls and texts. 
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another vote for the 1P Mobile £36 per year   https://www.1pmobile.com/1year-calls-texts-250MB-SIM

Unlimited calls and texts and 250MB of data per month.  Pay once and it lasts a year, pay again if you want it to continue or it will revert to PAYG.

They use the EE network and ALL of it including wifi calling (that may not work on your phone I don't know)
  • chuckie851
    chuckie851 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    3wheels said:
    So long as you don't mind entering into a 2 year contract, Sky mobile (uses O2 network) do unlimited minutes and texts + 100MB of data for £2 pr month (+"free" basic Nokia). 
    Could you please post a link to help find it?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,607 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    3wheels said:
    Not my post but this one is close (200MB but 36 months)

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/phones/nokia/nokia-105-(2023)?colour=Charcoal&capacity=4MB
  • 3wheels
    3wheels Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 February at 12:13AM
    Options
    3wheels said:
    Sorry, it is 36 months now. The above link is correct.
    I'm not good at links but just Google Sky mobile so that you're on their website. 
    Go to phones and select Nokia 105 (£2 over 36 months and add it to basket).
    Then "select your plan". Scroll down to the bottom and select 100 MB (now 200👍) £0. - add to basket.
    Skip any accessories. Go to checkout.
    £2. Jobs a good'n 👍. 
  • Ridersbolt
    Ridersbolt Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    ProDave said:
    Another vote for the 1P Mobile £36 per year   https://www.1pmobile.com/1year-calls-texts-250MB-SIM

Unlimited calls and texts and 250MB of data per month.  Pay once and it lasts a year, pay again if you want it to continue or it will revert to PAYG.

They use the EE network and ALL of it including wifi calling (that may not work on your phone I don't know)
    Thanks for the info on 1p mobile. I've opted and changed from EE (£11 monthly approx)to this. For updated  info, recently they increased to £48 initially plus compulsory £10 for each 30days when the year is up. (I read that some folk were caught out during the change over period.) Still a better deal than I had. Funny thing is, they use the EE network as do many other providers. The independent phone shop I went to recently I think I remember them saying, that there were only 3 providers altogether! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback