IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PARKING EYE PCN/KEEPER LIABILITY SCOTLAND

Hi,

Have read the newbie forum and I’m based in Scotland so know I can ignore the PCN from parking eye and letters from Direct collections bailifs LTD however my post is just to find out if anyone knows about keeper liability in Scotland. I saw from a post on here that was dated in 2023 that it’s coming into place next year (2024). The PCN I received is from May 23, I wasn’t the driver of the vehicle (I am the registered keeper tho) but the driver only entered the premises didn’t park or use the facilities of the hotel. I have phoned the hotel manager explained the situation to see if this PCN could be cancelled but she was very rude insisting we should had “read the 29 signs in the car park”. I plan to ignore the letters but I just want to know if anyone knows when keepers liability will be coming into place this year and if it will affect me when it does come into place with the PCN being from 2023. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello and welcome.

The date when keeper liability will be effective in Scotland is still unknown.
    But one thing is certain... it won't be retrospective.
  • Trainerman
    Trainerman Posts: 1,211
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    123cuppa said:
    Hi,

Have read the newbie forum and I’m based in Scotland so know I can ignore the PCN from parking eye and letters from Direct collections bailifs LTD however my post is just to find out if anyone knows about keeper liability in Scotland. I saw from a post on here that was dated in 2023 that it’s coming into place next year (2024). The PCN I received is from May 23, I wasn’t the driver of the vehicle (I am the registered keeper tho) but the driver only entered the premises didn’t park or use the facilities of the hotel. I have phoned the hotel manager explained the situation to see if this PCN could be cancelled but she was very rude insisting we should had “read the 29 signs in the car park”. I plan to ignore the letters but I just want to know if anyone knows when keepers liability will be coming into place this year and if it will affect me when it does come into place with the PCN being from 2023. 
    I would also be inclined to avoid that hotel in future, and warn others likewise !
  • 123cuppa
    123cuppa Posts: 3
    First Post
    Would contacting my MP to help get this charge cancelled be of any use? Seeing as there’s no keeper liability in Scotland atm? I never use that hotel and don’t plan on ever using after this!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,419
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    123cuppa said:
    Would contacting my MP to help get this charge cancelled be of any use? Seeing as there’s no keeper liability in Scotland atm? I never use that hotel and don’t plan on ever using after this!
    You can but you don't need to.

Same advice as here.  Ignore it.

Do the forum search I recommended:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6502604/decl-ltd

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,417
    Forumite
    edited 31 January at 8:53PM
    Parking Eye know all about Scotland, of course they do but do not want to waste any further money, they pass it to a third party to waste their money ...
    ENTER DCBL

DOG EATS DOG IN PPC WORLD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,148
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    123cuppa said:
    Your MP should be informed about the hassle you're on the end of, them getting it cancelled won't be  known until you receive a reply. But there's a 'bigger picture' in getting your MP involved. 

If you are adamant in not using the hotel again, then write and tell them, and tell them exactly why, otherwise they'll never know.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi! 

Just received another letter with final warning, 2 in the space of a month stalking much lmao!! Assuming I ignore all these until it’s from direct collection bailiffs legal or a LBC?
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,417
    Forumite
    123cuppa said:
    Hi! 

Just received another letter with final warning, 2 in the space of a month stalking much lmao!! Assuming I ignore all these until it’s from direct collection bailiffs legal or a LBC?
    DCBL don't just waste the courts time, they waste their own time and money
    IT'S SCOTLAND  ....... you really cannot be replying to junk mail

If they are stupid enough to issue a LBC, let us know

FORGET THE WORD BAILIFF ........ that will not happen

They are a disgrace to our legal system
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business