No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries February 2024

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU Q&A Grapefruit Cleanser..  i love this product and have replacement ready.  We have a week left. I need to make more effort with the Garnier body lotion. Keep reaching for Rituals Mehr ine instead 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Clutterbug07
    Clutterbug07 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @VALM were you only using that one blush this whole time?  That is dedication!!  

Throw Away
    • British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask: a casualty of the skin allergies last year- it expired whilst I couldn’t use anything. I do like this mask, no doubt I'll repurchase at some point

UU
    • COSRX - Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:  Ditto as above, but as it's an essence I could use it up on my body. Excited to be using one of these on my face again though, really enjoying it!
    • Garnier Micellar Water Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin 700ml

IN
    • Garnier Micellar Water Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin 400ml: replacement, can't be without my micellar.
    • Batiste Dry Shampoo - Medium & Brunette 200ml: current one is running low.
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    UU Champneys Body Balm in Calm.  Lovely.  Was part of a gift set a couple of years ago.  Just the shower gel in the gift set to use up.  Nice product.  I need to find a body lotion I love that works.  Menopause has really made my skin itch especially at night and I've been using products up trying to find one that works.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    Options
    @Clutterbug07 no but towards the end I was. My new favourite is Urban Decay Easy from the Gwen Stefani palette. I think moving forward I will try to use the same blush for a month and see how I go.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Watty1
    Options
    UU Drunk Elephant 10 ml.  I like brand and I've used this product on and off for a while but am not sure it is as great as I want it to be. Thoughts?   (I have found a small tube of same in stash so have a few days to decide)

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    Options
    Watty1 said:
    UU Drunk Elephant 10 ml.  I like brand and I've used this product on and off for a while but am not sure it is as great as I want it to be. Thoughts?   (I have found a small tube of same in stash so have a few days to decide)
    Which product was it? I dont particularly pay a lot for skincare now. I use products from The inkey List, Q&A, M&S and ALDI. Ithink a lot of the expensive brands have to bump the price up due to advertising and in my opinion tend to be more fragranced to provide a Spa experience. Places like Beauty Pie and ALDI have shown that the price doesnt need to be high. 

Let me know what kiind of serum it was and ill see if Ive used anything comparable.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    UU Pure Lakes Black Pepper bath oil. I bought this at Hawkshead Cheistmas Fair in December. Think I may treat myself each time we go to tge Christmas Fair.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Watty1
    Options
    @VALM  This was the one -  I've somehow used up 3 mini ones of these 
    A-Passioni Retinol Cream | Drunk Elephant Skincare

and if you had a recommendation for something similar but cheaper I'd love that please

• VALM
    Options
    Watty1 said:
    @VALM  This was the one -  I've somehow used up 3 mini ones of these 
    A-Passioni Retinol Cream | Drunk Elephant Skincare

and if you had a recommendation for something similar but cheaper I'd love that please

I use The Inkey List Retinol which is £12.99 for 30ml from Boots. 

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Clutterbug07
    Clutterbug07 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 26 February at 10:54AM
    Options
    UU
    • Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3:  I like this.  Once a week I put a good dollop through my hair and leave it in overnight.  It always feels lovely when washed out in the morning.  I'll repurchase once I get paid again.
    • Lilylolo lipstick in Love Affair:  From my PP list!  A browny nude sheer shade- very balmy. It's lovely.  I think this was a free gift with purchase a long time ago, so I never actually bought it myself, but I would buy it, however they don't do this particular shade anymore.

IN
    • The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil:  Going to reintroduce facial oil into my routine.  I usually order from a different site which is like the same price but for a 100ml rather than 30!  BUT I probably wouldn't get through 100ml within the expiry, so I have ordered this for now and will see how long it takes to finish.

Updated PP list

Oh, just realised the snail mucin was on my PP list also- will cross that off!

PP list- 24 for 24: 4 gone so far!

1)      Tony Moly - The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Skin toner: tbh I think the TM toner is actually gone, as I kept topping up the bottle with other toners!  But since I called the toners I used to top up the bottle the empties, and not the TM one, I will say that I still have this to use up.  I wont refill now, and then when finished the bottle I can finally call the TM toner an empty!

2)      Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Oil- I WILL use this this year!!

3)      LilyLolo Mineral Blush- Goddess: a deeper more rusty rose red colour. I actually quite like this now after trying to pan it last year, so I'd rather it wasn't gone, but I've started so now I have to finish!

4)      Benefit Gogo Tint: bright cherry lip n cheek tint.  Probs will last a hundred years!

5)      Sugarpill loose eyeshadow in Absinthe:  A sparkly green, of which I have many.

6)      Sugarpill loose eyeshadow in Penelope:  a super reflective metallic copper with extra large particles. Too flakey and annoying, and not really my colour.

7)     DR. CEURACLE Vegan Kombucha Tea Essence:  expired, will use on body.

8)   Barry M eyeshadow pot in 44:  a copper shimmer

9)   Ample N Ceramide Shot Ampoule:   expired, will use on body.

10)   Mad About Skin antioxidant cream:  expired, will use on body.

11)   DERMATORY - Hypoallergenic Cica Gel Cream 50ml

12)   NEOGEN - Dermalogy White Truffle Serum In Oil Drop

13)   Benton - Deep Green Tea Toner: expired, will use on body.

14)   The Body Shop- Body Yogurt in Strawberry

15)   I'm from - Mugwort Essence

16)   MAC Black Cherry Glow Play Lipbalm:  bought in 2021.... probably should use this up now!

17)   Skin1004 Brightening ampoule toner: used this on my neck for a few weeks before Christmas and no adverse reaction, so might attempt this on my actual face soon!!

18)   Collection- Gloss Me Up lipgloss in Lychee: pretty shiny gloss in a peachy dusty pink colour. Not far off being done.

19)   Collection - Gloss Me Up lipgloss in Pink Fizz:  a pink sparkly lipgloss that I LOVE- it’s very fun and silly!  It’s almost finished.

20)   The Body Shop hand cream in Winter Jasmine

COSRX - Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:  expired, will use on body.

No 7 Hydraluminous lipbalm in Coral  DONE!

Lilylolo lipstick in Love Affair:  browny nude sheer shade- very balmy.

Isntree - Onion Newpair Essence Toner:  expired, will use on body.
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport