P.I.P Telephone assessment award

Options
Hi Everyone

I had my telephone assessment last week and I'm beginning to worry after reading other people's threads

Had my assessment last Wednesday and it lasted 2 hours 28minutes, something of a record from what I've read, but totally exhausting especially after have RFA in lower back the day before!!
Anyway 35 minutes after hanging up the phone I had a txt stating that the assessor had sent thier report and the DWP had it and it will be ready in 4-6 weeks. 
Now this morning, just short of a week later, I've had a txt saying that my decision has been made and I'll receive my award letter within 2 weeks and not to phone until I've received it. I've not even asked for a copy of the report yet as it was only a week today and concensus is to wait a week before requesting it. 
Is this good or bad ?? I've never had a decision sorted so quickly!! 
My stress and anxiety levels are through the roof, they were bad enough after last weeks marathon call, so much so I was taken into hospital on Sunday night with chest pains!!
Any and all help and advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you 

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep a check on bank account. Often money arrives before letter. 
    Life in the slow lane
  • Raven2020
    Raven2020 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks I thought that too, but with already being on PIP, having unfixable things that  apparently need to be checked every 3 years or so to see if theyre magically fixed, and just having had my monthly award last week it will just get paid in next month as usual or not! 
    It's more the timescales that have been involved thats worrying me, 2.5 hours phone call made into a report and sent off and received in 35minutes! Then less than a week for decision!!!

• Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 31 January at 12:44PM
    Options
    My personal opinion:
    From the speed after assessment then it sounds that the DWP believe it's a clear cut decision - either one way or the other.
    Then, although you can never be sure, I don't see any assessor spending two and a half hours on the phone assessment if they thought it to be a clear cut refusal. (They'd just do the minimum and a short report).
  • born_again
    Options
    Raven2020 said:
    Thanks I thought that too, but with already being on PIP, having unfixable things that  apparently need to be checked every 3 years or so to see if theyre magically fixed, and just having had my monthly award last week it will just get paid in next month as usual or not! 
    It's more the timescales that have been involved thats worrying me, 2.5 hours phone call made into a report and sent off and received in 35minutes! Then less than a week for decision!!!

Ah, so not a new application. A reassessment.

Which makes a difference then.

Can I ask, as going through this now. When was the reassessment process started & the form sent back?

Trying to get a handle on timescales.

Best guess, so quick then staying as is.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Raven2020
    Options
    Raven2020 said:

Ah, so not a new application. A reassessment.

Which makes a difference then.

Can I ask, as going through this now. When was the reassessment process started & the form sent back?

Trying to get a handle on timescales.

Best guess, so quick then staying as is.
    The re application form was sent off last February 😳!! This was so it could be assessed and sorted before August 2023 when last award ended.  Apparently there's back logs!!! 

It's beens a long and drawn out process until the phone assessment finished, so fingers crossed its an easy decision to make.

• Raven2020
    Options
    Newcad said:
    My personal opinion:
    From the speed after assessment then it sounds that the DWP believe it's a clear cut decision - either one way or the other.
    Then, although you can never be sure, I don't see any assessor spending two and a half hours on the phone assessment if they thought it to be a clear cut refusal. (They'd just do the minimum and a short report).
    Thank you for the positive words, I'm hoping for the same.
    It's just that after thw 2and half hours they'd sent their report within half an hour. 
    I think I'm just panicking an my anxiety is getting the better of me, again! 
    Just really don't like the possible prospect of having to appeal, been there before and is stressful!

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,492 Forumite
    Options
    The consensus of waiting a week to request the report only applies if you don't hear from them.  You can request it as soon as DWP say they have the report.  So you could definitely do that, although the decision letter may well arrive before it now anyway.

It sounds to me like they must have been actually writing the report with you on the phone, for it to be that long an assessment and then sent off that quickly.  
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 January at 8:21PM
    Options
    I would contact PIP and ask for copy of the report and also they may tell you the decision. I recently received the text saying a decision had been made and I should receive it in 2 weeks and not to call as they could not give any information on the decision. But when we called asking for the report the PIP agent spewed out the full details of the decision without asking.

My decision letter took about a week from text.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • born_again
    Options
    @Raven2020
    Thanks that is a very long wait.

Best guess they say not to ring up so that phones lines are not as busy. So go with the above.

Anyone know if you have a review & get a increase, is it backdated to either date forms sent back or date reassessment due?
    Or simply from date of decision?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 February at 12:15PM
    Options
    With a review it's the date that the new decision was made that counts, and any changes of payments apply from that decsion date.
    (If it was a new claim, or if you had reported a change of circumstances that needed a new assessment, it would be different and those should normally be backdated).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback