IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Identifying the landlord - ParkDirect UK

Options
pcnworrior
pcnworrior Posts: 8 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 6 February at 12:41PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I've received a PCN in front of my flat block (the building) which has 2 other business' land in the same area.

I have done through research to identify which bits are whose land.

The Vehicle was parked on the building's land and cars from the other businesses always tend to park their too despite them having their own spots.

They were not used to people doing this and I am certain the pcn I have got is from one of them. How do I find out who the landlord was that contracted to enforce this parking notice?

I obviously note from the newbie discussions that I'm dealing with an IPC and appealing is basically pointless but I did want to speak to the correct landlord to find out who has authorised the pcn.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I have spent 2 hours through the forum and can't find anything on this. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    This is regularly posted by @Umkomaas - don't know why your searches didn't find it but good luck and I hope one of the tips gets the landlord/landowner.
    1. Google searches
    2. If a retail park, check on any signage which lists the on-site outlets
    3. Ask retailers on the site if there is a managing agent
    4. Ask retailers on the site to whom do they pay rent
    5. Contact the local authority and ask who pays the non-domestic/business rate for the car park (some councils have a spreadsheet on their website)
    6. Contact the local Valuation Office and ask if they know. They often have a website which might provide the information 
    7. Contact The Land Registry and for around £3 they should be able to provide definitive detail
    8. If you haven't already done so, give us the name of the car park/site/location, we may have seen other cases there. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 January at 4:19AM
    Options
    I've received a PCN in front of my flat block (the building) which has 2 other business' land in the same area.

I have done through research to identify which bits are whose land.

The Vehicle was parked on the building's land and cars from the other businesses always tend to park their too despite them having their own spots.

They were not used to people doing this and I am certain the pcn I have got is from one of them. How do I find out who the landlord was that contracted to enforce this parking notice?

I obviously note from the newbie discussions that I'm dealing with an IPC and appealing is basically pointless but I did want to speak to the correct landlord to find out who has authorised the pcn.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I have spent 2 hours through the forum and can't find anything on this. Thank you for your time.
    Certainly no paying it.

I just made a few edits to your post (I've added paragraphs & tweaks to make it easier to read) including the important change in bold.

Do not say who was driving here or in any complaint.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pcnworrior
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    This is regularly posted by @Umkomaas - don't know why your searches didn't find it but good luck and I hope one of the tips gets the landlord/landowner.
    1. Google searches
    5. Contact the local authority and ask who pays the non-domestic/business rate for the car park (some councils have a spreadsheet on their website)
    6. Contact the local Valuation Office and ask if they know. They often have a website which might provide the information 
    7. Contact The Land Registry and for around £3 they should be able to provide definitive detail
    8. If you haven't already done so, give us the name of the car park/site/location, we may have seen other cases there. 
    So I have checked the land registry, I am now certain that the parking firm that placed the pcn do not represent the landlord on who's land the vehicle was parked. The spots the regulate were next to the vehicle. How should I proceed?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    1. Google searches
    So I have checked the land registry, I am now certain that the parking firm that placed the pcn do not represent the landlord on who's land the vehicle was parked. The spots the regulate were next to the vehicle. How should I proceed?
    You could write to the landowner you believe owns the land where your car was parked and ask they confirm they have not contracted with ParkDirect UK to enforce any parking scheme on it. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pcnworrior
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apologies, I understand form the Newbie thread that I should wait for the NTK given it's an IPC firm, My question above was in reference to if there is a simpler way to get this resolved as they have now given a second PCN. It is blatant that they are enforcing on land that is not controlled by them.

Should I contact them directly and highlight the issue?
  • pcnworrior
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Something like this?

Dear Remus

A Parking enforcement firm by the name ParkingDirect UK are harassing me for parking charges and are claiming to be contracted by yourself in respect to a location at 268-270 High Street, UB8 1NF. 

Can you confirm that ParkingDirect UK are authorised by yourself to enforce on your behalf?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Something like this?

Dear Remus

A Parking enforcement firm by the name ParkingDirect UK are harassing me for parking charges and are claiming to be contracted by yourself in respect to a location at 268-270 High Street, UB8 1NF. 

Can you confirm that ParkingDirect UK are authorised by yourself to enforce on your behalf?
    I'd steer away the 'harassing' theme and write a polite exploratory letter asking them if they can confirm ownership of the land in question and if so, have they contracted PD UK to operate a parking scheme for them at the location. You might want to include the odd 'please' or two in your letter!

Suggesting 'harassment' might just put them into defensive mode and either be guarded in their response, or not respond at all. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pcnworrior
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After some further investigation, it’s starting to look like my building recently contracted out the space to park direct for enforcing. There is misleading signing though as on majority of the area there is signs for a complete different parking firm. Do I have to pay these tickets now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no firm by the name 'Parking Direct'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pcnworrior
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah yes thank you for pointing that out. ParkDirect 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business