OVO changed meter change

OVO took over from SSE when they done this my meter didn’t work properly after weeks and weeks talking to them they said I would have to have a new meter this they did well trouble never stopped there.
well my boiler is a wet boiler I have electricity only my boiler and my old meter worked on economy 10 the new meter only works on economy 7 on getting back in touch and complaining that I was never told the meter would be different they said all economy 10 meters are now obsolete so now I have lost my cheep afternoon and evening rates and only get cheep rate after 12 oc,
on getting back onto the complaints department they said they would offer me a £150 as a good will jester but could do nothing about the economy 10 rate I’m a pensioner and relied on the cheep rate for heat ect 
the thing that annoys  me is that it was them who when thy took over from SSE WHO I had no trouble for 9years and always used economy  10 they caused the trouble with the meter and decided  to change it and never said the meter would be different.
i have looked  at other suppliers and none of them do economy 10,
yes they offered  me compensation  but from the beginning and the call centre and the company that fitted the meter at no time I was told it would change to economy 7

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,676
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 January at 5:46PM
    Welcome to the forum.
    well my boiler is a wet boiler I have electricity only my boiler and my old meter worked on economy 10 the new meter only works on economy 7 ... they said all economy 10 meters are now obsolete
    They are correct, I don't think there are any suppliers offering Economy 10 to new smart meter customers.
    Hopefully they have also changed your tariff from Ecomony 10 to Economy 7?
    on getting back onto the complaints department they said they would offer me a £150 as a good will jester but could do nothing about the economy 10 rate
    That is also likely to be correct.
    There's are a couple of other threads - here and here - from customers who were switched from E10 to E7. They too are stuck with it.
    i have looked  at other suppliers and none of them do economy 10
    As mentioned above, I don't believe there are any suppliers who will take on new E10 customers (ones who don't already have an E10 meter). And all E10 meters are likely to be replaced over the next few years as smart meters are made compulsory.
    EDIT: I'M PROBABLY WRONG with what I wrote above.
    Apparently OVO offer "Smart Economy 9" that might work for you?
    https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/article/electric-heating/economy-9
    You'll find tariff info here:
    https://plans.ovoenergy.com/
    @AnnieRichards and @JameelU might this help you too?
    In my region, the tariff is currently:

24p/kWh "cheap rate" isn't particularly cheap but then 30p/kWh isn't particularly "peak" either. E7 has a much wider split, 18p / 33p:
    ... but Economy 9 does give you the afternoon and evening slots that you don't get with E7:
    • 0300-0600
    • 1200-1500
    • 1930-2230
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback