Apps Draining Data Useage

SieIso
SieIso Posts: 139
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
Hi All,

I have a Google Pixel 6 and I have noted that my Facebook and "Kid's YouTube" apps have been draining my data each month. Neither is used that often so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent the data being drained so dramatically?

Thanks

Comments

  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,922
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You can close them down once you are finished using them by swiping them away.
    In the app settings you can stop them using data in the background. 
  • SieIso
    SieIso Posts: 139
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    pramsay13 said:
    You can close them down once you are finished using them by swiping them away.
    In the app settings you can stop them using data in the background. 
    I have managed to find an option to turn off videos from autoplaying on FB- is there anything else that can be done?
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,146
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    SieIso said:
    pramsay13 said:
    You can close them down once you are finished using them by swiping them away.
    In the app settings you can stop them using data in the background. 
    I have managed to find an option to turn off videos from autoplaying on FB- is there anything else that can be done?
    Did you do what pramsay13 said?
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,098
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can you stop them using mobile data (ie. only work when on WiFi)?
  • SieIso
    SieIso Posts: 139
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    prowla said:
    Can you stop them using mobile data (ie. only work when on WiFi)?
    The data might be mainly used on car journeys for either Sat Nav or Kid's Youtube to settle the children.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,146
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It sounds like you need a plan with more data. Alternatively download videos/maps before you leave. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards