Oaknorth Savings A/Cs

They've changed the T&C's, a/c holders can't share an email address now, including joint a/c holders.  OK, but there's no facility on-line when logged in to update email addresses!

We have a shared instant access & each have a separate individual a/c, none allow on-line change to be made. Surely if they're insisting, there should be a provision to make the change that doesn't involve a phone call!
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Comments

• janusdesign
    janusdesign Posts: 699
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    send them an email - every time i've had reason to do that, they've replied within an hour (during business hours).
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,352
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    send them an email - every time i've had reason to do that, they've replied within an hour (during business hours).
    Sent email, response was quick. For email change insist it can only be done on the phone, offered to call me at convenient time, but I called tried them again instead. 

This is the list of security info they asked for:
    Full name
    First line of address with postcode
    Date of Birth
    First & third letter of mother's maiden name
    First & third letter of first pet
    First & third letter of first job
    First & third letter of bank a/c
    First & third letter of sort code

I've never been asked ALL of the possible combination of security questions, & NEVER bits of my bank & sort code info. Apparently I can't even remove my email address altogether, so anyone who doesn't have a second option will have to set one up.

• beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 900
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What would happen if I just ignore their (so far only email) requests to change email?
  • SevenOfNine
    Forumite
    What would happen if I just ignore their (so far only email) requests to change email?
    So far we have done nothing, but I've a formal complaint progressing & advised to expect an answer by 21st.

It's not so much that we must now supply separate emails, but that was an outrageous level of security questions for something we're given no options but to do with an operative over the phone.

No addition of a separate email address needs THAT level of questioning, since when have my bank a/c & sort code been part of Oaknorth's security questions!

• BeachNut
    BeachNut Posts: 119
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Probably you both won’t be able to log in since they send a code to your email address.
  • SevenOfNine
    Forumite
    Oaknorth have officially rejected my complaint stating "when you call you may be asked a number of security questions". Yes, I accept that, I complained because they asked me all six PLUS 2 that aren't security questions - they related to my nominated bank a/c! 

Also, that their "conditions when you apply state during the application process we take steps to protect the security. For example, we will not allow you to share an email address already in use by another user" & quoting the "T&Cs dated 30 January 2024".

We opened the 1 year fixed joint a/c in June 2023, there was nothing preventing us then, in the existing T&Cs, preventing us from sharing the email address.
  • beefturnmail
    Forumite
    edited 16 February at 5:02PM
    Yeah I might just ignore - any attempt by them to restrict access to either of our accounts will be met with a complaint along the lines of - I didn't get the email you sent with the change of t & c as you sent it to my wife's/husband's (delete as appropriate) e-mail address and she/he doesn't allow me to read their emails.  :D 
  • GeoffTF
    GeoffTF Posts: 1,353
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You seem to be complaining that Oaknorth is doing too good a job. If someone tried to change the email address on one of my accounts, I would want the bank to be very thorough indeed.
  • beefturnmail
    Forumite
    edited 17 February at 12:07PM
    Not really, I'm perfectly happy with sharing the same e-mail address for the account with my wife - I don't want to change it.   My wife is also perfectly happy with the arrangement.   Oaknorth have unilaterally introduced the change as a 'safeguard' which I don't want and didn't ask for
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 43,887
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    which I don't want and didn't ask for

OakNorth is a business.

It suits itself in what it does.

It simply has to ensure that its actions/corporate decisions don't annoy too many customers, which clearly would be corporate suicide!

For the rest....they just vote with their "digital" feet.....over to you....?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback