We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

February 2024 Grocery Challenge

1…202122232426»

Comments

  • Soontobeoap
    Soontobeoap Posts: 1,787
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Forumite
    edited 2 March 2024 at 9:52AM
    I am loving the look of that recipe @Suffolk_lass. All ingredients that I have in too. I will give those a go


    GC 2022 = £3154.96 ,  2023 = £3334. 841
       2024 = £.3221.81 ,   2025 = £3974.24 .  2026  £ 2493.92/£3500,   October £26.74/£200
    Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up.  Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
    Make £600 in 2026 = £876. 79
    NSD in M = 18,  J = 15, J = 15 S10 aug
    Ocrober /15
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,375
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I lost the plot for this months challenge, so I'm not sure how much I ended up spending, but as the only cook when I'm ill I need quick easy meals to do, note to self, need to make own ready meals to have in the freezer.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Pennypincin
    Pennypincin Posts: 568
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've also lost the plot again this week.
    Will start again tomorrow.
    I've lost track of the spending unfortunately.
    Decluttering campaign 2023
    2 🏅🏅 +1 ⭐️ +1🌟 
    Decluttering campaign 2024
    2 🏅🏅 + 1⭐
    Decluttering campaign 2025
    🏅
    Decluttering campaign 2026
    +1⭐
  • blubella
    blubella Posts: 581
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Went completely off of the rails in February due to being away training. I ate out/takeaway every night apart from a couple of nights spent with a friend and family in the area and I had to buy lunches too. Completely lost track of the spend but did keep all the receipts in the hope that I can claim some expenses back.

    I'm going to troll back through my spends from the 1st to see what the damage is so far. Hopefully, not too bad as I stayed with my parents in Cornwall last weekend. I also managed to bag a £1.50 veg box from L'dl, so have been getting creative in the kitchen  :). I'll go for £130 + £50 bulk for March to try and reign the spending in. I'm hoping I won't spend that much but it should give me a bit of a benchmark.
    #4 DFBXMAS24 - £2,322.85/£5,000
    NSD Challenge - Jan 15/12, Feb 3/12, Mar 10/10 Apr 10/12, May 5/12.
    SPC #44


    Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • blubella
    blubella Posts: 581
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Totted up my food, toiletries and household consumables and the spend from 1-7th is £32.21 so far.

    £32.21/£130
    #4 DFBXMAS24 - £2,322.85/£5,000
    NSD Challenge - Jan 15/12, Feb 3/12, Mar 10/10 Apr 10/12, May 5/12.
    SPC #44


    Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • Soontobeoap
    Soontobeoap Posts: 1,787
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Forumite
    @blubella we have all moved over to the March thread now. We will meet you there.😊

    GC 2022 = £3154.96 ,  2023 = £3334. 841
       2024 = £.3221.81 ,   2025 = £3974.24 .  2026  £ 2493.92/£3500,   October £26.74/£200
    Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up.  Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
    Make £600 in 2026 = £876. 79
    NSD in M = 18,  J = 15, J = 15 S10 aug
    Ocrober /15
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,389
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    blubella said:

    Totted up my food, toiletries and household consumables and the spend from 1-7th is £32.21 so far.

    £32.21/£130
    @blubella we have all moved over to the March thread now. We will meet you there.😊
    Here is a link to it
    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,373.14 in 8 months, against a £10k target The 2026 Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I am sticking with a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1,959.37 to the end of August. This is too high if there is to be anything lovely for Xmas.
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2026 discussion thread
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 3,004
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I don't think I've posted my total for Feb. I spent about £136 ish out of £150.
    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £80.86/100 BB £29.85/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.