Registered address of a holiday business

Options
Louielouie_3
Louielouie_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Can anyone help me ? I’m trying to find the home address of a registered business . Refusing through booking.com to give a refund which they agreed to . Leaving a dirty noisy holiday cottage . Now ignoring messages and calls from the company and me ! I’m thinking of going to small claims courts . I have contact numbers name etc but need the registered home address . Or any other ideas ? 1 star yard tenbury wells Thank you 

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 January at 9:51AM
    Options
    How did you pay for the cottage? Credit card or something else?

Do you know if it’s a registered company and if so, have you looked it up on companies house?

Have you tried looking up the ownership details on the land registry site? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone help me ? I’m trying to find the home address of a registered business . Refusing through booking.com to give a refund which they agreed to . Leaving a dirty noisy holiday cottage . Now ignoring messages and calls from the company and me ! I’m thinking of going to small claims courts . I have contact numbers name etc but need the registered home address . Or any other ideas ? 1 star yard tenbury wells Thank you 
    I am not sure that this is in the best area of the forum.
    "Consumer Rights" or "UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainment" might be more appropriate locations.

If you can provide some more details, people might be able to give indications as to what type of remedy may be realistic.
    Did you book and is your contract with Booking.com or with the holiday cottage direct?
    Did you stay at the holiday cottage for the duration originally intended?
    Can you share more detail on the nature of the issues you experienced with the property?  Noise and dirty might have different elements of responsibility.
    What was dirty?  How dirty?
    Where did the noise originate?

What outcome are you seeking?
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Louielouie_3
    Options
    elsien said:
    How did you pay for the cottage? Credit card or something else?

Do you know if it’s a registered company and if so, have you looked it up on companies house?

Have you tried looking up the ownership details on the land registry site? 
    Thanks I will check it out . If I paid on credit card can I go to the company for a refund ? 
  • Louielouie_3
    Options
    How do I change the area the message is listed in ? I booked with booking.com they are telling me after quite a few calls that they are only the advertising agent and they cannot ensure the standards are as described or if there are issues will not get involve . Any issues are direct to the owners . The owners are refusing to reply by phone or email about the issues to booking .com or myself ! I notified the owner on the first evening that there were issues with a very loud music concert coming through from a neighbouring cottage and was still awake at 12-30 am . I have also taken photos the dirty bathroom shouldn’t have to clean before using damages to walls , paper coming off and more. .I asked for a refund minus the 1 night and have messages from the owner saying they would contact booking.commas they can only process the refund I have been told if the owners agree . Rang and spoke to the owner who again 
    said the refund was being issued nothing but lies !
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not if there was a third-party involved, so it depends whether you paid Booking.com or the cottage owner directly
    https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-7588047/amp/Why-use-Section-75-make-claim-using-party.html
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Louielouie_3
    Options
    Yes I paid on my credit card can I claim it back ? 
  • Louielouie_3
    Options
    I only stayed a few hours and told the owners I couldn’t stay there with no sleep or not clean . The stay was for 4 nights . 
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The S75 claim depends on who the payment was made to.  I think you will struggle as my guess is that booking.com took the money and passed it to the owner which likely breaks the chain for a S75 claim.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Whose name is against the charge on your credit card?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback