Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Has anyone used/have experience of Age UK and British Heart Foundation house clearance service?

Options
2»

Comments

• Debbie9009
    Debbie9009 Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had the same experience of BHF refusing a good quality item with a very small chip in the veneer, when I pointed out to them that I bought it from BHF with the chip present they decided they would take it after all, then damaged my walls moving it carelessly, they also weren’t all that pleasant overall, so I don’t donate anything to them anymore.  

I now put items outside my house with a note saying free and they always go.  I do live in an area with quite a few student houses, and HMO’s so that probably helps, and I only have one or two items at a time, but maybe worth a try for anyone who only has a few small items to give away.
  • ss2020jd
    ss2020jd Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had the same experience of BHF refusing a good quality item with a very small chip in the veneer, when I pointed out to them that I bought it from BHF with the chip present they decided they would take it after all, then damaged my walls moving it carelessly, they also weren’t all that pleasant overall, so I don’t donate anything to them anymore.  

I now put items outside my house with a note saying free and they always go.  I do live in an area with quite a few student houses, and HMO’s so that probably helps, and I only have one or two items at a time, but maybe worth a try for anyone who only has a few small items to give away.
    That’s not good at all. Seems to be a common theme here so appreciate the warning and will definitely avoid. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback