Ice lolly.com different airlines

Options
Hi, has anyone experience with icelolly.com packages? And using one airline outward and a different inward?  Tia

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pipcas said:
    Hi, has anyone experience with icelolly.com packages? And using one airline outward and a different inward?  Tia
    Hadn't heard of them but a quick look suggests that they're simply a comparison site, redirecting you to actual package providers, so it's the latter that you'd need to evaluate if there isn't such a thing as 'an icelolly.com package', in the same way as there not being an MSE savings account or a comparethemarket insurance policy....
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The Icelolly.com search results should indicate which travel provider is being offered.  As eskbanker mentions, icelolly.com is a comparison site. They often pull through holiday options from tour operators such as TUI, EasyJet Holidays, Jet2 Holidays - plus also those who dynamically package such as LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, On The Beach, Sunshineholidays.co.uk…

The use of different air carriers makes me think it more likely a non-traditional tour operator who is combining separate travel components to create the trip (dynamic packaging).  Use of different airlines is not necessarily an issue. Just go in eyes wide open if using one of these dynamic packaging companies.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been on many trips where I've used different airlines for outbound an inbound. No problems. 

Only potential issue is that if one airline cancels their flight then the other airline has no responsibility to refund you for their ticket. However if you're booking a package then the package operator would have to find you another flight, or refund you for the whole holiday if they couldn't provide it. 
  • Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I’ll preface by saying I’ve never used Icelolly. However, if I were being booked on different airlines for outbound and inbound I’d be looking to make sure the baggage rules were the same. No good having a 20kg allowance going out if you can only bring 15kg back. 
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ll preface by saying I’ve never used Icelolly. However, if I were being booked on different airlines for outbound and inbound I’d be looking to make sure the baggage rules were the same. No good having a 20kg allowance going out if you can only bring 15kg back. 
    That would be 5kg of baked beans to eat while on holiday!
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We are off to Spain in early summer on a 10 night TUI package - their own airline outward, BA inward.
    They only fly to the destination airport once a week on a 7 day cycle, hence they use another carrier for the return where available.
    TUI also use EasyJet on this route for other days of the week.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Presumably you can buy 5kg to make up the lesser allowance ?

• Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Presumably you can buy 5kg to make up the lesser allowance ?

I imagine so. It’d negate the savings you’ve just made on the oil drum of Smirnoff and 4,000 Benson and Hedges you bought in Duty Free though 🤷🏻‍♂️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback