GMail not allowing Plusnet emails

Options
Hi

We are with Plusnet and for a long time now we get delivery failures when emailing anyone with a GMail address (and some others).  I logged into the Plusnet Community forum and apparently it is due to GMail classifying Plusnet as Spam.  Complete impasse.

Anyone on here on Plusnet have the same issue?

I wonder if GMail classify other providers as spam?  

I do have a GMail account so I use that as a workaround but it is a nuisance having to have two different email servers.  I also dislike the GMail application - very basic and less features available than Outlook.  I know - it is free to use.

Comments

• maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    I use my gmail accounts in outlook if that helps, I have  10 different accounts on my outlook account and have arranged it so that the inboxes all appear at the top.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just sent an email from my plusnet webmail account to my gmail account and it sent fine.

I don't use the Plusnet account (would never be reliant on an ISP email account), so no idea if it Plusnet have / are periodically blacklisted on bulk by Gmail, or whether it is your individual plusnet address which is blacklisted.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi

We are with Plusnet and for a long time now we get delivery failures when emailing anyone with a GMail address (and some others).  I logged into the Plusnet Community forum and apparently it is due to GMail classifying Plusnet as Spam.  Complete impasse.

Anyone on here on Plusnet have the same issue?

I wonder if GMail classify other providers as spam?  

I do have a GMail account so I use that as a workaround but it is a nuisance having to have two different email servers.  I also dislike the GMail application - very basic and less features available than Outlook.  I know - it is free to use.
    To be honest. Best bet is not to use your plusnet email & get a gmail one.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Agree with above. Ditch the Plusnet mail and use Gmail.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    and hope that gmail never introduce charges for their basic email service while you're doing that.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    and hope that gmail never introduce charges for their basic email service while you're doing that.
    There is a plethora of free email providers.   Just move if they do. Which they won’t anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    re the original query - I have various email accounts as well as a rarely used PN email. Did a test between the public accounts and PN address and all arrived as expected.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback