PIP Assessment and Payments

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me.

In April 2021 I was awarded PIP, enhanced living rate with the standard mobility rate for a long term health condition and I am unable to get treatmemt on the NHS. My PIP covers the cost of my treatment that I get privately.

When the award letter came through it stated that I would be having an assessment in Novemeber 2023 but I have yet to recieve the paperwork and/or appointment details for this assessment. The letter also stated that my payments are awarded until April 2024 but nothing has been said as to what's going to happen after this date.

So if I haven't had an assessment, and from what I can see online there seems to be a big back log of claims assessments, will my payments continue until I do eventually get an assessment or will it automatically stop and I have to reapply? My condition is considered long term and for some it really is a life long disability. My treatment is still on going and without the PIP I cannot afford treatment, which in turn could cause my condition to get worse.

So do I need to do anything or do I just continue as usual and wait for PIP to contact me?

Many thanks for reading and any advise offered.

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,824
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    You will continue to get PIP until a new assessment. The date isn't exact. 
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Rubyroobs
    Rubyroobs Posts: 852
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They are way behind with re-assessing people but you do normally get sent the renewal form around six months before the end of award date.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,194
    Forumite
    They have extended awards but without letting people know.  You could phone up if you haven't heard anything by March (such as having a review form) and are worried, but unless you hear otherwise it's most likely they've extended your award and they'll keep paying you.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,262
    Forumite
    Just make notes about the call, time, date, their name etc.
    Use your mobile on speaker and record on another mobile.
    That what I do.
    Call and say no paperwork received etc, I worried it’s not arrived.
    When they reply you will have proof either way.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,694
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 January at 9:33PM
    They should extend award (by most likely a year) if getting to around a month before your award runs out during review and send out letter to confirm. If your review isn't completed and hmm there's around 3 weeks before your award runs out I would call them to ask whether extension being made if you've received no letter.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • smalandcute
    smalandcute Posts: 94
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone, I will give it until end of Feb to beginning of March to see if I hear anything from them and if not will make a call and record it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback