renewal of broadband

Options
with the January deals my BB expires in February is it better to wait until after the price rises in March/April and see what deals come about or go with the deals now?

Comments

• Cashmygiro
    Cashmygiro Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    How does it expire? I've been with my current provider now for over 3 years. Zen Internet who are the best in my opinion.

But then it depends if you value decent broadband or the cheapest service you can get.
  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do whichever you are happy with.

Will your currrent provider offer a decent deal to stay with them?
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do whichever you are happy with.

Will your currrent provider offer a decent deal to stay with them?
    I would agree with your idea
  • 35har1old
    Options
    How does it expire? I've been with my current provider now for over 3 years. Zen Internet who are the best in my opinion.

But then it depends if you value decent broadband or the cheapest service you can get.
    So you are on a rolling contract opposed to a fix time period.
    They appear to use the Openreach network
  • Cashmygiro
    Cashmygiro Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    35har1old said:

Yes, just because the initial contract was 12 months it doesn't mean the service ends or "expires" when the time is up.
  • 35har1old
    Options
    35har1old said:

Yes, just because the initial contract was 12 months it doesn't mean the service ends or "expires" when the time is up.
    So you didn’t renew the contract
  • NorthernMonkey67
    Options

My fixed deal ends in Feb, the BB has been good and reliable just the fact that it's £20 dearer than the new deals.
  • Sp363
    Sp363 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I’m in a similar situation. Bt offering 500mb for £33 currently paying £50 and will increase to £55 out of min contract. So do I wait until march/April and pay two months at the higher rate??
    Quick maths states the extra I pay out of contract compared to renewing now would be the equivalent of 12months of the cpi+ inflation rise (£3-4/month)

Sky is even cheaper via Quidco/TopCashback but they can’t seem to advise about my mesh system and whether I have to use their hub…

decisions!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure