We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Garden stones

Options
2»

Comments

• twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    So got to the yard and couldn't see it.
    Went to ask to be told that the quarry has gone bust local to us. But if you are north of Manchester you may still be able to get it.
    Garden centres like a fancy name and it's always something gold. They may have some stock left. Take a little plastic bag of it with you and ask cause it looks different in the thick bags.
    Otherwise the replacement of the stuff is grim and dull.

As also said, move what you have around. Base layer of the dull stuff with top layer of what you have.
    Or make the sections contrasting.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• gadget88
    gadget88 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lorian said:
    The b&Q Solent Gold are tiny 10mm stones so no good.
    Solent Gold is also available in 20mm
    Thanks that’s the contract to a neighbour who has a golden peddle type I was thinking my ones are more off an off white than golden?
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was looking for some gravel and took a load of pictures. Yours looks closest to limestone as per the photo below.

• GreenBucket24
    GreenBucket24 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

is it possible to rake out some of what you've currently got and mix it in with the new stuff, then spread it over a wider area to blend? Rather than take the whole lot up IYSWIM? 
    @ArbitraryRandom, I agree with your suggestion. I do that all the time, get the closest shades and then mix with the current / old pebbles and wala! I learned to take photo of the bag before spreading it around and put the bag in the bin ... just for future reference in digital file. 
    "My gardening illustrates my artistic passion with plants" - GreenBucket24
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure