We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HMRC On account for savings interest

Options
2»

Comments

• Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Dazed_and_C0nfused.  I had a look back and I had nil POA payments due both in Jan and July. I think this may be a typo as I had no POA shown - both payments due show 0 and yet I gained late payment charges.  My interest tax was less than 1000 and my earnings 100% paye and having read more on this - regardless it seems no POA would be due.  I went back to pre 20-21 and again my interest was minimal ie less than 1000 and I've always been a PAYE employee     
    I suspect the only way to get to the bottom of this is if you were to post details of the relevant transactions from your Self Assessment statement of account.  That will clearly identify what each charge is.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 January at 11:45PM
    Options
    Are you basing the nil payments on account on your statement or the tax calc? What was your actual liabilty in 21/22? Not just the tax due on the interest, the full liability.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure