AO delivery experiences - rough or careful

Options
2»

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've bought a few things from them over the years, never had an issue.  The most recent purchase was a washing machine.  I didn't bother paying the extra for them to take the old one away as it's no bother for me to stick it in the car and take it to the tip recycling centre next time I'm passing.  But they said they'd take the old one away for nowt anyway, can't argue with that.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had an oven delivered whilst they were fitting the kitchen the delivery guys asked several times if I was sure I just wanted it
    in the front garden.

Had a washing machine delivered sometime later and again they were really helpful.  Not had any issues myself.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mark_cycling00
    mark_cycling00 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd recommend having appliances recycled rather than taking to the tip. The recycling process is really good these days and a huge amount of your product is reused with minimal effect on the environment.

AO will have the recycling done in the UK (you won't find your appliance flowing down a river in Vietnam or somewhere)

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Our tip has a recycling area for electrical goods
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sheramber said:
    Our tip has a recycling area for electrical goods
    Same here, ours recycles just about everything - large electricals, small electricals, engine oil, batteries, strip lights, metal, plastic, wood, cardboard, textiles, you name it.  There's actually not much that ends up in the "non-recyclable" skip.
    They've also got a container for "Too good to throw away" things like bikes, toys, old furniture, etc.  I think it gets checked over then given to charities and such-like.  I always thought that was a great idea.

• forgotmyname
    Options
    Same here, ours recycles just about everything - large electricals, small electricals, engine oil, batteries, strip lights, metal, plastic, wood, cardboard, textiles, you name it.  There's actually not much that ends up in the "non-recyclable" skip.
    They've also got a container for "Too good to throw away" things like bikes, toys, old furniture, etc.  I think it gets checked over then given to charities and such-like.  I always thought that was a great idea.

Quite a few centres have shops where the too good to throw away items get resold but prices vary depending on who runs them.
    Used to visit one on the way home from the market and prices were really cheap, reduced waste and they were happy to make something
    and that the items got a new life.

Then they had a couple of older gents running it and they must have checked the new price any wanted similar money (10 to 20%) off.
    Better off buying new.  I stopped popping in.

• forgotmyname
    Options
    I'd recommend having appliances recycled rather than taking to the tip. The recycling process is really good these days and a huge amount of your product is reused with minimal effect on the environment.

AO will have the recycling done in the UK (you won't find your appliance flowing down a river in Vietnam or somewhere)

You may want to google    WALLEYS QUARRY LANDFILL

It popped up on my YouTube this morning and the demonstrators took photo's of an AO lorry going to the landfill site yet
    on the side of the lorry it said 100% recycled.  Does 100% recycled include tons of rubbish going to landfill?

Video is approx 1 year old, possibly more than 1 if you search, looks like the protest went on for a while.

• GrubbyGirl_2
    GrubbyGirl_2 Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a new kitchen fitted and bought all appliances from AO which were oven, hob, extractor, washing machine, dishwasher and american style fridge freezer.  They even delayed delivery to a date that suited my kitchen fitter which was very useful.  All were delivered perfectly and they even gave me a discount as I was ordering so much so I really can't complain
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback